I need a recipe, I've got hop cones my first year...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonbrew

Reaction score
I planted two hop rhizomes this year, one goldings, the other cascade. Although the goldings is 12 ft high there were no blooms and thus no cones. The cascade on the other hand, is 15 ft tall and covered with cones now.

I need a good recipe to honor the grand occasion of my first hop harvest.

I'm thinking a clean, well hopped but balanced APA that is somewhere in the 5% range.

Ive got...

Plenty of two-row
Some Vienna
Some Munich
Some Dextrin
Crystal 40
Flaked Rice & Wheat

Cenntinial
Hallertau
Cascade
Tettnang
Tradition

Nottingham
US-05
US-04

Well, what do you think?
I can order anything you might think I need, just wanted to list what I had on hand...

Any opinion from you folks would be great...

Thanks.

Pale ale or IPA with Cascades only.

Ed Worts Pale Ale uses only Cascade - that way you get to taste what you grew without other hops getting in the way.

I saw some Mirror Pond Clone recipes on this site yesterday that really sounded great and were almost all cascade. If you can find that string you could pick whichever sounded best to you. Of Course, if you're not into Mirror Pond then that would be a bad plan. I personally don't like the bottled version but when I had the fresh stuff on cask in Seattle...oops I have to go clean out my pants....sorry...

Thanks guys...

Ed wort's looks good.

He uses 2# Vienna and .5# Crystal 10

If I were to use my Crystal 40 instead of 10 would I need to cut back on the Vienna?

Latest posts

Back