Warm before Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o14Getz

Reaction score
I have a very late Ocktoberfest about to be bottled. It has cold conditioned at ~34 F for about 8 weeks. I am going to bottle it soon as I haven't bought my corny rebuild kits and other kegging equipment. Do I need to let the Secondary warm back up to fermenting temperatures before I add the sugar and bottle? And what if it starts fermenting again if I do. (I have a batch I took out to warm up and it started bubbling a fair amount again.)

The yeast I'm using is...

Batch #1 & #2
Wyeast #3725 Biere De Garde - Private Collection July-Sept. Optimum temperature: 70-95° F

Batch #3 & #4 (Winter Ale)
1728 Scottish Ale Yeast

It doesn't need to warm up first, just bottle like normal and put the bottles aside for a few weeks. It's going to start to bubble as it warms up, becasuse there is a fair amount of CO2 in suspension at lower temps, and as it warm, a lot of it comes out of suspension, making the airlock bubble.

Back