Wireless door locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillBeer247

Reaction score
Does anyone have remote entry door locks on their house or apartment? Like you carry around a clicker in your pocket and unlock/lock the door by pressing a button, like a car?

I always use to leave my doors unlocked but moved into a condo building so always lock my door now. Seems like it would be a big convenience.

Something like this,
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lockst...remote-rubbed-bronze-405115.html#.UD1hgKOFCNp

That would be nice if my doors were perfect, but one requires a certain 'push' to free up the deadbolt, another requires a slight tug while twisting the key...

I have the key pad door lock.. very easy even with full hands since it's a leaver and not a knob.. it was my best solution for the kids when they come in after school but I do clean the pad once a week because you can tell after a while wich buttons get used from the dirty fingers (4 years old and no signs of numbers wearing off).. :mug:

I have the key pad door lock.. very easy even with full hands since it's a leaver and not a knob.. it was my best solution for the kids when they come in after school but I do clean the pad once a week because you can tell after a while wich buttons get used from the dirty fingers (4 years old and no signs of numbers wearing off).. :mug:

My inlaws have this too and I was contemplating getting one, but I didn't think about the wear feature... Hmm.

Does anyone have remote entry door locks on their house or apartment? Like you carry around a clicker in your pocket and unlock/lock the door by pressing a button, like a car?

I always use to leave my doors unlocked but moved into a condo building so always lock my door now. Seems like it would be a big convenience.

Something like this,
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lockst...remote-rubbed-bronze-405115.html#.UD1hgKOFCNp

I could never. i already panic a bit as it is when the clicker battery for the garage door opener goes out and it takes me a minute to remember that I do have a key for the house.

Back