Birthday home brewing! Post your best recipes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
I'm quite big on my birthday and like to celebrate properly. After all, it's the one day of the year when nobody has an excuse to not come. What I want to do is throw a miniature beer festival in the confines of my own home, complete with a big old pot of my best curry and good tunes all round.

My friends are not home brewers, nor are they really seasoned drinkers. The girls are into bacardi breezers, vodka and cokes etc, whereas the blokes are mostly bog standard lager and cider drinkers.

What I'd like to make is;

2 Beers that would appeal to most people.
Some sort of "party juice" (I'm thinking something blended if neccessary, recreating alcopops or a light rum or something - not distilling!) Cocktail mixers are fine.
A good cider.

So, any ideas? I want to plan them now, my birthday's in march. I'm capable of partial extract. Beers will be kegged and alcopop/cider would be bottled.

Also, hell - any 1 gallon batches that are interesting, throw them at me. It'd be cool to have a ginger beer or something to knock around. I'm looking for crowd pleasers!

Latest posts

Back