The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to recall a time when Boston fans knew all about droughts...

If this is not the case, I concede I may have slipped though the time space vortex into a parallel dimension...

Ticks don’t like me or my children, but love my wife. I haven’t had one latch on since I was a kid. They seem to get into my clothes and stay there.
If my wife gets one on her they seem to bite almost immediately.
Not sure if there is something to that. Maybe they shy away from alcohol in the bloodstream.
Probably the bitterness. ;)

Anyone got any idea what to do with five gallons of 110 proof go-blind-juice?

Open to suggestions
Take a piece of oak that will fit through the opening of your container. Cut an inch or so off each end. Split it with a hatchet into several smaller bits then take your plumbers torch to the pieces. Burn the wood till its totally charred on one end to less so so progressing up the sticks. Leave a very small amount untouched by the flames but most of it wants to be somewhat scorched. Drop them in the opening and leave it, taste testing every few weeks.

Jeff Fuller (Babalu) has been failing lately and his wife and family have made the difficult decision to place him into hospice care. I've talked with her a few times in the past several weeks and she wanted his friends to know so that they could have a chance to go and say goodbye, or as she said "Give Jeff some love right now." As of last night he was in the ICU at Good Sam in Brockton.

Just because Paul had mentioned it over the last few days.... I wanted to let folks know that Jeff passed away this morning.

I don’t know how well folks on the thread knew him (if at all) but he was a helluva brewer and a tremendous guy.

In a lot of ways we lost him years ago when he got sick as the incident took away the person we all knew... but that doesn’t make today easier in any meaningful way.

I know it’s cliche to say but... hug the people you care about often. If you do already... do it even more... it can all go away in a blink of an eye.

Cheers.

Sad day.

I went over to Good Sam last week and sat with him for an hour or so. He was semiconscious but I said “Hey Fuller, it’s boring as hell here, how about I go get us a couple of beers?” And he mumbled “Ya.” The nurse and I looked at each other and I don’t know who was more shocked, me because he answered me or her because she was horrified at the idea of me giving him some beer.

He’ll be missed.

That does suck. I met him once a few years ago at a Masstoberfest, but remember hearing you guys talk about what a great brewer he was. Amen to what Brian said - and Melana - mosquitoes really do suck.

He got eastern equine encephalitis about eight years ago after a family camping trip somewhere local. His body survived the initial illness but his mind was never the same afterwards. Mind boggling to think of a guy as big and full of life as him to be taken out by a f’ing mosquito.

They’re not going to do a wake/funeral, that would be too tough for the family. They’re planning some sort of celebration of his life sometime soon. He’s going to be cremated and his ashes spread at sea over a big chum slick once the tuna are in. I think that’s a tremendous idea, he’d get a big kick out of it.

That is a tough one. I get that about no service right away, have seen that in my family and recently a close friend were it was just too tragic. Many months later a celebration of life type memorial is a little easier for everyone to take, and probably how most people would rather be remembered.

I didn’t know him, I just haven’t been brewing that long, but to hear of those circumstances, my heart goes out to his friends and family. Remember the good stuff to ease the pain.

He got eastern equine encephalitis about eight years ago after a family camping trip somewhere local. His body survived the initial illness but his mind was never the same afterwards. Mind boggling to think of a guy as big and full of life as him to be taken out by a f’ing mosquito.

That's heartbreaking and horrifying...I've never even heard of that.

Back