How many gallons of cider in 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does one do with 250 + gallons of cider in a single year?
If you are drinking it...that's like 5 gallons a week.
If you are giving it away - isn't that expensive?
I make 18 gallons a year and drink it all by myself...I could see doubling that...but not more.

what does one do with 250 + gallons of cider in a single year?
If you are drinking it...that's like 5 gallons a week.
If you are giving it away - isn't that expensive?
I make 18 gallons a year and drink it all by myself...I could see doubling that...but not more.

It's a running total.

You can add the 5 x 5 gallons I've already made and add another 5 5xgallon batches that I will do by the end of the year for a total of 50 gallons.

Taking Brewer 20d's 20 gallons and my 6 gallons and adding it to the previous 306 gallons, brings us to 332

306 + 20 + 6 = 332

BTW, Brewer 20D, is your name a Canon camera reference? I started on a 20D

Just polished off 8 gallons to bring my total this year to 56 gallons. Starting another 8 this weekend.

56+8=64

Wow. And I wondered if my 4 gallons was going to be too much.

Question: Is the amount of cider produced directly proportional to the waistline? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Wow. And I wondered if my 4 gallons was going to be too much.

Question: Is the amount of cider produced directly proportional to the waistline? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Yes. Lol. But the happiness ratio is usually proportional to the ammout of cider as well!

I'll throw my 52 gallons of assorted ciders (standard apple, cyser, pineapple apple, cherry apple, raspberry apple, berry apple, and peach apple) into the mix...

409+52=461 gallons

Just started a 5 gallon batch of pear cider last weekend and have started pressing apples now so a lot more to come

509+5= 514

DING! WE HAVE 500 GALLONS! Just went to my first picking of the season this week. Hope to add to our cider numbers in a month or so. :)

Just started a 5 gallon batch of pear cider last weekend and have started pressing apples now so a lot more to come

509+5= 514

514 + 11 = 525

Two weeks of collecting apples, pulping them and pressing the juice. Wild fermentation, will have to wait and see.

540.5+5 using D47 + 12 home pressed in several batches = 557.5

Not going to count the batch that turned vinegary :(

I am at a lowly 21 gallons in primary, soon to racked into secondary. I went to a nursery this evening and gathered some of the windfalls. Will be pressing tomorrow and I think it will add another 6 or so to the count.

Well I just legged another 5 gal. but I pitched the yeast Nov. 11 so it does make the cut. This stuff gets better over time.

Most of the cider I pitch this fall will be bottled in spring, summer & fall 2016.

Back