Water filter deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious if you'd received the filter yet and what kind of quality it is?
I'm looking for something to get the chlorine taste from my water so I can stop spending money on bottled water to brew with. At $20 this seems like quite a deal, but the picture is so small you can't really tell much from it.

I've gotten it, but haven't used it yet. The housing is super heavy duty and looks great, I got one with 3/4" fittings to attach my hose to.

the filter is a 1 micron polypropylene sediment filter, I might upgrade this to a carbon filter and save the included one for filtering beer before kegging because I haven't been able to find anything on it's chlorine removal ratings. Overall I am very very pleased with this and I can't wait to use it.

Yeah you do need carbon for that. But still $20 for the housing is still decent. I'll probably pick one up.later today and ask them if they have any carboon filters that they can throw in.

Thanks for the find!

Yeah you do need carbon for that. But still $20 for the housing is still decent. I'll probably pick one up.later today and ask them if they have any carboon filters that they can throw in.

Thanks for the find!

No problem, glad I could help.

I wish I would have thought about it and asked them... still, I guess I have a 1 micron filter, I'll find a use for it I'm sure.

If they don't have carbon filters, I just bought some @ Lowes. 2 pack of 2 micron carbon filters for $12... Just FYI

I am going to use the included 1 micron filter for filtering a beer, just to see if it works.

Nice! That I can deal with, especially since Lowe's is right around the corner from my house!

Thanks again!

Back