CHEAP oxygen tanks in PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was given a medical O2 tank and regulator to use. The tank was pretty much full, so I hadn't even thought of refilling it. But does anyone know how easy it would be? Does one need a medical prescription to do so?

Unless you get lucky and find someone who will fill it, you normally need a Dr prescription to get it filled. Usually not worth the hastle. I was told not to waste my time.

This place looks like they'd fill it for you. I was mostly suggesting it for PA residents. There are ways to get past the regulations, etc. I mean, you might know a doctor, you might bribe the guy at the welding gas place or explain to him that you're using it for brewing. You might drop a 6 pack off. There are ways to get things.

I picked up a 3/4 full medical grade tank and regulator and I also don't think I need to fill it anytime soon.

Bobby_M said:
This place looks like they'd fill it for you. I was mostly suggesting it for PA residents. There are ways to get past the regulations, etc. I mean, you might know a doctor, you might bribe the guy at the welding gas place or explain to him that you're using it for brewing. You might drop a 6 pack off. There are ways to get things.

I picked up a 3/4 full medical grade tank and regulator and I also don't think I need to fill it anytime soon.
Yeah, I am in the same boat as you -- I have a nearly full tank of O2 and I doubt that I am ever going to use it all up. I was just curious, in more of a general sense, about refilling those tanks.

Latest posts

Back