Bayou Classic 32qt Stainless Steel Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breck09

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads on here in regards to this pot but wanted to get some more updated feedback. From what I read these pots are great for making 5 gallon all grain batches but the only problem is the possibility of scorching. Anyone have problems with wort scorching using these pots. Was thinking about picking up the pot and burner combo online sometime soon. Seems you can get the combo for less then $150.

I have their 36 quart pot and SP-10 burner and really like the combination. I have not had any issues with scorching as long as I turn the burner off while mixing in malt extract. I only have experience doing 5 gallon extract with specialty grain kits, but was able to turn the burner down low enough with the steeping grains to keep the temperature in the 155 degree range. So far so good, for a reasonbly priced setup: $75 for the pot off Amazon, and around $45 for the burner as I recall. Both with free shipping.
Hope this helps, Fatcougar :)

I have a 32-qt pot, and it's really a tad too small to do a full boil 5-gallon all grain batch because of the evaporation loss. I would recommend going for 36-qt or larger.

I have the 44-qt. I'm not sure I'd want to go smaller; you need a fair amount of run-off with larger batches to get good efficiency (at least I do.) And it gives you more flexibility.

I haven't had any scorching, using the Bayou Classic SP-10 burner. Like Fatcougar said, you may need to be careful if you add any malt extract or something like that, but I don't ever use extract. The pots are fairly thin, and so bleed heat fairly well, so I jacketed mine with some duct insulation to improve heating speed and efficiency.

Overall, I think this line of products is a good economical option.

Back