Help me decide on a keg kit....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am ordering a similar kit, just the four faucet set, all stainless, and ball lock kegs. It's more pricey but then every metal part in contact with the beer is stainless steel. Comes with the perlick 525ss faucets. From what I hear you cannot go wrong with kegconnection.com. In order to have different keg pressures you will need additional regulators off the tank. I would give them a call to get exactly what you want.

Keg Connection is currently backordered on 5# CO2 tanks. They wont ship until next week... but yes, the 525's are what to go with from what everyone has said.

I recently set up my keezer and used standard chrome faucets. Mine are sticking real bad already, I'm kicking myself for not upgrading to the Perlick SS faucets.

WOW! 5 taps for your starter kit.... you are tha man.

yes,get the perlicks. no need to buy them more than one time.

for more than one serving pressure, you need a bank of secondary regs.. or at least a dual reg.

Definitely upgrade to the perlicks. I didn't over christmas and I really wish I had, more money to spend now.

Having now used one for a few weeks, I can attest to the fact that the Perlick faucets are a much more elegant design than the cheap ones. For the relatively small increase in price, they're totally a worthwhile upgrade, although my tune might change if I needed five of them at once.

I'll be getting my kegging setup in about a month (or so)... My plan is to have two manifolds, so that I can carb/serve different styles at different CO2 levels... I plan on having porters and stouts on one bank (either 2 or 3 ports) and ales on the other (either 3 or 4 ports)... I'll probably start off with one or two faucets on each manifold, expending them as needed (later)...

I would think, that depending on what you'll be putting on tap, you could go the same route, to make things a bit easier (and probably less expensive)... From my understanding, you could always put another regulator on the manifold, and dial down the pressure on either setup, if needed.

What is the general take on the 575SS "Creamer" faucet?? It's only a couple of dollars more than the 525SS faucet, and I do like the idea behind it.

Is there anything similar to Perlicks, or is it Perlick or bust? I'm trying to wait it out to find a good deal on a used tower but if Perlick is really the best kind to get I don't know my chances of finding one.

Back