Travel and Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustym

Reaction score
I travel a lot in my job. I go to some big cities and to small towns. Sometimes I may be in 3-4 small towns in a week. Being in a big city and finding good beer in the evenings is usually no problem. The smaller towns are a challenge. If I can, I like to find small brewpubs or just places that have a good selection of craft beers.

One of my usual "go to" places is Buffalo Wild Wings. You can usually find one in most towns, or at least something like them. While I'm not that crazy about their food, they usually have a good selection on tap or at least a lot of some good bottled beer. I can usually walk right in to the bar and order some OK food but have a couple of good beers before going back to the hotel.

Does anyone have any other places they try to hit or any ideas when traveling. I bet there are a lot of guys here that run into the same thing.

I just explore the city I'm in and try their craft brews if they exist, or get the local breweries' beers from the liquor store.

B

You could always use Yelp.com when you travel. You can just search the term craft beer and the location you are in and it should come up with a list of restaurants, bars, and other places that serve craft beer. You'll also be able to see reviews of the places so you know what to expect and can pick the place you think will be the best.

I always just use the google before I'm traveliing and search "Brewpubs" and "Beer Stores" to see. A lot of places, even beer stores catering to geeks like us actually have websites and will have a list of beers.

Beer advocate usually lists stuff form major cities.

This is a farily good site too. Craft Beer Locator.

Thanks, Guys!

I already found a new one through the "Craft Beer Locator" in Harrisonburg, VA, called Calleys. I will be checking it out this week.

Also it's not uncommon for folks to start threads here as well. "I'm heading to Patterson NJ, where ca I find good beer?" like that. Heck we've ended up having meetups because of that. Nothing better than to be stuck out of town and getting to finally meet a fellow HBT'er

Back