New forum member from Baltimore, MD area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johngault007

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been a casual brewer for 5 years now. Mainly sticking to kits bought through Williams Brewing a few times a year, mostly due to lack of availability through stores where I moved from. I have met many co-workers who share my love for all that is beer and brewing and have started getting a little more serious. My aspirations are to completely move away from kits and start creating/modifying my own recipes and eventually (maybe) move to full grain.

Welcome from Joppa!

Lots of Baltimorons here lately.

Some useful things:

Local Club: Wootown Brewers. Join it.
Local LHBS: on the North side - Thirsty Brewer in Baldwin, on the South side - Maryland Homebrew in Columbia

Also keep an eye on links in my sig for Maryland brewday if you're interested in meeting up and brewing. We do brew all grain, although we've had a few extract batches done during the day. If you want to come learn (how NOT to brew correctly) - hit us up and come out to a brewday.

John, welcome. Listen to jezter. He's definitely plugged in! I'm getting back into the hobby after too many years away. I'm building up an AG setup adn will be brewing on it around the end of the month. Then, schedule allowing, I'll be joining up some of the local clubs. I'll see you there!

Thank you to all for the warm welcomes. I will hopefully get into more of the social side after my job and band get settled a bit. I still have time to brew, so not all is lost yet!

Cheers!

Back