Home Brew Club in the Mid Coast or LA region?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsySaint

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm in Durham and I'm looking for a good non Portland Brew Club.....Is there one out there? Anyone interested in starting one in the area? :ban:

Look up Maine Ale and Libations Tasters (MALT) I think they meet at the shops in Richmond and Gardner. I don't live in Maine any longer but sure they are still around.

beersnob, where are you at? I'm in Durham. You know many other brewers in your area?

are you all grain or extract? I think there might be some people that hang around the vault that brew...

we could put out flyers and start something in LA. We'd also need to find a free or cheap place to meet that allows booze. Know of any halls that can be had real cheap up your way?

I was kinda thinking a hall once or twice and then to houses. having a bunch of people you have never met over to your home isn't everyones cup of beer.

I personally am ok with going to a strangers house, but less ok with having a bunch of strangers at my house...If you feel otherwise, we could set something up at your place....maybe some place like Axis Natural Foods or The Vault would be willing to help out....

depending on how many people are involved I would not be opposed to having something at my place (if SWMBO approves, which she probably will). I think if we could get a "core" group to meet somewhere to discuss how things are going to be done in the club would be great and we could get to know one another.

We could also reserve a table at a good (Grittys?) or less good (blue goose?) local bar.

sure! just lost track of time. gonna be out of state this week but back next week. based on lack of input from this board I would say we need to find another way to get word out. any thoughts?

I am also going to be out of state until about the 25th of march for work. I have a couple of friends that are interested, other than word of mouth, I don't really know how to get word out. I think if we get a small group of people to get it going word of mouth will travel pretty fast. This will also allow us to get things going on a small scale to see what works and what doesn't and lay down a charter and some ground rules on how the club is going to run.

perhaps we can get something together where we can bring some homebrew and try it after that?

I look at a HB club as a way to do fun group projects, make larger group buys and learn some new techniques....is that the same for you?

Absolutely. I look at a HB club as a way to learn and get honest feedback as well as learn new ways to do things. To me it should be a fun, informative, and interesting way to get together with like minded homebrewers.

Moved to ME 1 year ago this week. Just now getting around to unpacking the brew gear and am looking forward to getting back into it. Would be interested in a local club or meet-up to get to know some like minded brewers.

Any plans in the works?

I'm definately interested but I wouldn't be able to meet with anyone for a couple of weeks due to my current work schedule.

Hey Tjash

Where are you located? Maybe we could work out a meetup by the end of April?

I've got some sour beer and some brett beer in bottles ready to go where ever...

I'm in Cumberland, so Portland is easy enough. Gritty's in Freeport would work well too, and might be more convenient for folks north and east. Wife has some contacts with some Portland breweries; will investigate whether they're homebrewer-friendly. I'd prefer a get-together or two at some place of interest, maybe get an informal club off the ground before we start going house to house.

that could be good but it's hard to find a place that will allow outside booze in...state laws and all...

Looking for a meet and greet as well. Possibly anyone looking to make a group grain purchase!!?

I've got a few going right now: falconers flight ipa and spiced winter stout in the kegerator, milk stout and Baltic Porter kegged on deck, ris bulk aging 1.5 years now, tart of darkness clone fermenting 3 months, and I'm getting ready to brew a cherry wheat for my mother

Nice, diverse darkness!

I've got a few going right now: falconers flight ipa and spiced winter stout in the kegerator, milk stout and Baltic Porter kegged on deck, ris bulk aging 1.5 years now, tart of darkness clone fermenting 3 months, and I'm getting ready to brew a cherry wheat for my mother

Anything ever come to fruition with this? I just moved up to Auburn and would love to get a local club going.

Back