Label Peelers says longer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what, but I wouldn't say they are necessarily sending in the order that they were ordered. I pre-ordered 5 lbs on 9/26 and I'm still sitting at Processing.

I'll sit tight, though, and hope they make it to me at some point.

My status says "Pre-Ordered" and I ordered on 10/15. If yours says "Processing" you're one step ahead of me.

I ordered mine around the middle of September. I do think they are handling these in order.

Ordered 8oz Citra pellets on 11/9.

"Shipped" 11/19 (status is "Electronic Shipping Info Received", so I don't yet consider it shipped).

I ordered 9/26, received email stating "shipped" on 11/16, received package yesterday, 11/19, brewing tonight

Just got an unexpected call from Label Peelers.

And i'm sure others will as well.. Basically the issue is with the Leaf Amarillo hops. Hop Union decided to pelitize the entire lot of them. So if you ordered leaf you will be stuck with a decision.. to refund or to swap over to pellets, or exchange with another variety.

I had no issues with swapping, as the 2 (leaf vs pellet) don't make that much of a difference to me. But he also said that they are processing in the order in which they were received. So since i ordered in the end of Oct, i'm looking at another 2-3 weeks wait.. no issues, i'll brew something else in the mean time.

But i would also like to thank labelpeelers for keeping their customers informed and being very courteous about the whole situation.

So if you ordered Leaf Amarillo hops and you get the call, please just remember that it's totally out of their control and they seem to be doing everything they can to help us out in a sticky situation.

I feel pretty good about how they have handled things. I emailed them about two weeks ago to see if they had any updates and they promptly replied. Today they shipped my hops; Centennial, Simcoe, Citra and Saaz (all leaf). Hops are coming! Stay patient out there.

I received my pre-order of 2 lbs of Citra on Saturday. Was at LHBS today and they had just gotten in a huge hop order and were busy checking it in. I was able to snag a pound of Amarillo pellets.

I understand the idea of pre- ordering, but the fact that I got my Citra and Amarillo from two other vendors (that were ordered weeks after my labelpeelers pre-order) makes me wonder. Maybe they are not that far up the "hops" food chain. That said, I'm still confident I'll get my order.

whitehause said:
I understand the idea of pre- ordering, but the fact that I got my Citra and Amarillo from two other vendors (that were ordered weeks after my labelpeelers pre-order) makes me wonder. Maybe they are not that far up the "hops" food chain. That said, I'm still confident I'll get my order.

According to them, they are literally a couple mile from Hop Union. If your other hops aren't Hop Union processed, that explains why you got them at a different time.

Hopsdirect, out in Washington, released their leaf like a month ago and pellets last week for Amarillo and Citra. I'm sure there are other suppliers too that all release at different times.

theveganbrewer said:
Hopsdirect, out in Washington, released their leaf like a month ago and pellets last week for Amarillo and Citra. I'm sure there are other suppliers too that all release at different times.

Unfortunately they were all gone within a couple hours..

Well, it's been "processing" for nearly a week now so I don't think it's getting me anywhere. It's like when they let you into the waiting from from the lobby at the doctor's and you continue to wait for the doctor. You feel like something's happening, but it isn't really... :)

My status says "Pre-Ordered" and I ordered on 10/15. If yours says "Processing" you're one step ahead of me.

Got my order today from Makinbeerisfun. The Citra was in a 1Lb bag, but the Amarillo was in 16 1oz packs. All Hop Union.

I emailed them to let them know they could swap out my amarillo with simcoe & citra. Bye bye Amarillo! I have never been without but this year seems to be year of the citra so I'm moving on. These people are really responsive BTW - fast email reply and super nice. I'll order from lablepeelers again.

Oh and to all you holier-than-thou irritants with superior notions on forum topics, get a life. If this thread bothers you don't read it.

Cheers!

Steve da sleeve

Well. I got a email from Label Peelers. Wasn't quite the one I wanted but an update telling me that I will be another few weeks. At least an update makes me feel better. Thanks

Well. I got a email from Label Peelers. Wasn't quite the one I wanted but an update telling me that I will be another few weeks. At least an update makes me feel better. Thanks

Got the same E-mail today.

Luckily I had others orders in that I got already. The only thing I'll be missing by not getting my Labelpeelers order is my Centennial,(and another Lb of Citra) but the LHBS has Centennial cheap enough that I can make due for now.

Well, sometime over the weekend a large box of hops showed up at my door. I am excited to have 10 lbs of top notch hops sitting in my freezer. I feel that once LP actually got the hops, they've done an admirable job in distributing them.

The e-mail I got from them got me a little scared that there might be a chance they do not get as many hops as they were hoping. My order was a little later (10/15) so I am crossing my fingers they are able to fill it.

I got the same somewhat non-definitive email a couple days ago and I'm wondering if I should start looking at other options. I ordered a lb. each of Centennial, FF 7 C's, Citra, and Amarillo on 10/24. Really hope I get them since I've been to my LHBS twice in the last couple weeks and passed on buying an oz. of Amarillo each time (They're limiting them to an oz. per person/visit). We'll see what happens...

yeah - I got the same e-mail and had the same feeling. I think I ordered around 10/20 too. To be honest, I will be pretty upset if the order is unfilled. I specifically e-mailed them about that very issue as hops were going on sale elsewhere. I EASILY could have obtained my hops somewhere else if I thought for a second there was ANY chance I would not get them through label peelers. The entire point of ordering through them was to guarantee that I could secure the hops I wanted. When I contacted them, I was assured that there would be no problems, the orders would all be filled. Hopefully it all works out in the end.

I honestly don't mind the fact that it is taking a long time to fill orders -I am sure they are swamped and I appreciate the fact that they have to wait for hops and fill lots of orders. However, if they took all kinds of preorders beyond their capability to deliver (with the possible exception of amarillo and issues surrounding that) it will be upsetting.

It's not like they can't just get more hops from other vendors if that's what it takes to fulfill orders. I have no doubt that I will get my hops...eventually.

Well ordered 9/26, sat at Processing for over a week, emailed to ask about it, no response and I now see my status is back to Hops Preordered. Not feeling great about this....

Munchman said:
Well ordered 9/26, sat at Processing for over a week, emailed to ask about it, no response and I now see my status is back to Hops Preordered. Not feeling great about this....

What are you trying to get?

I'm just wondering why they haven't sent mine, seemed like Amarillo was their only problem and I didn't order any.

What peeves me is that people in this thread have orded way later than us(9/25 order date here) and have somehow jumped in front of me in line.

The longer this whole deal takes the more nervous I am about them not being capable of filling my order and if the preorder isnt first come first serve then why do the preorder at all.

A couple weeks ago I was actually called and asked to "give back" some of the lbs of ammarillo I ordered and was charged for immediately, which I accepted to do and with a lack of attitude I might add.(I have yet to be refunded BTW)

Sadly most of this problem could have been averted if Label Peelers didn't tell us not to expect our hops at the end of October/early November. I was slightly surprised to see that they had the earliest potential delivery date of the 2012 pelletized hops, but figured he knew something we didnt.

One thing he doesnt know that I do, is that in business you are always better off under-promising and over-delivering.

If I had been told not to expect pre-orders until January and I had recieved them in December, he would have been a hero.

Hopefully this thread is a bunch of hot air and everyone gets what they are expecting, or close to it. It's almost 5 o clock anyways, Im going to go home and RDWHAHB

When I win the 550 million megamillion tonight I'll buy Label Peelers, their distributor, and the Idaho hop farm and ship all your hops tomorrow afternoon.

I think the people that ordered later ordered leaf hops and those came sooner hence they got their stuff sooner. I don't think amarillo is the only holdup, my order consisted of 2 pounds of simcoe and 1 pound of citra. And xpert that is kind of messed up that you did not get a refund yet. Wonder if they will want to do this whole pre order thing next year :cross:

I ordered Citra, Simcoe, Centennial, NS, and Cascade, all leaf but the NS. Maybe those that ordered Amarillo and also any of the others in pellets are seeing a holdup. I ordered late September.

I ordered 2 lb of Citra pellet and 1 lb of Centennial pellet. I wonder if anyone has gotten full pounds of citra pellets, or if they just shipped out the 1oz versions.

I ordered 2 lbs of citra, 2 lbs falconers flight. Falconers flight could be holding mine up possibly because it is a blend of many hops.

Latest posts

Back