primary regulator attachment to Keezer collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMMM

Reaction score
Any problem hooking high pressure hose between co2 tank and primary regulators?

Here's more detail.

Is there any problems with this setup: co2 tank in keezer. co2 tank hooked to high pressure hose. The other end of high pressure hose connected to dual body primary regulator. first dual body outlet connected to one keg. The second dual body outlet connected to 5 outlet manifold. Six keg setup with 1 keg at one pressure and five at a different pressure.

I want to do it this way so I can have all regulators mounted to the keezer collar for ascetic look but also to keep my regulators safe and out of the way mounted to the lifting collar.

My local Homebrew store is usually very helpful but they are telling me it can't or shouldn't be done. They said my primary needs to be directly connected to the tank.

Thanks,
Mike

The high pressure hose will work fine. Dont know if you have priced them, they can be expensive. That is one reason alot of people will keep the primary on the tank and then you use ordinary hose to feed the mounted bank of secondaries. But if you dont mind the price of the high pressure hose, it will work exactly as you intend.

Why? I have my line from the tank to my bank of gauges. Needs to rated high enough mine is rated for 3800psi more then enough for co2 NOT for N2 that one is rated for 5800psi

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure why he said I shouldn't do it. I'm thinking because he doesn't stock the mountable one?

I already bought the mountable primary along with the whole custom kit and it is being shipped as we speak. It was an additional $45 for the high pressure hose and maybe $20 more for the mountable regulator? Yes more expensive but small amount when looking at the whole spend for the whole keezer build and I will have it the way I want it.

Kegconnection saved me a ton on the whole kit of taps, regulators, manifold, etc. I did tons of research and couldn't touch the price elsewhere for the same or comparable components. The guy there helped me figure out the setup based on my wants/needs. It wasn't until after the buy that my local guy threw a wrench in my plans by telling me I couldn't do it.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure why he said I shouldn't do it. I'm thinking because he doesn't stock the mountable one?

I already bought the mountable primary along with the whole custom kit and it is being shipped as we speak. It was an additional $45 for the high pressure hose and maybe $20 more for the mountable regulator? Yes more expensive but small amount when looking at the whole spend for the whole keezer build and I will have it the way I want it.

Kegconnection saved me a ton on the whole kit of taps, regulators, manifold, etc. I did tons of research and couldn't touch the price elsewhere for the same or comparable components. The guy there helped me figure out the setup based on my wants/needs. It wasn't until after the buy that my local guy threw a wrench in my plans by telling me I couldn't do it.

Sounds like a bad case of lawyer-itis. Sometimes business owners are scared to death to recommend anything that someone might put back on them if it turns out badly. If your hose is rated properly for the pressure, it's fine. Lawyers ruin everything...

Back