New LHBS, Gardiner, Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImperialStout

Reaction score
New brew shop in Gardiner, Maine.
"Mainiac Brewing & Supply", 325 Water St., Gardiner, Maine
Web - www.mainiacbrewing.com
Email - [email protected]
Phone - 207-588-beer (2337)

Great local shop. Rick has over 15 years experience brewing. Very personable and knowledgeable. Open Tuesday through Saturday. Well worth a visit.

Yeah, I stopped in a while back to grab some caps and corn sugar for my cider. Nice little place!

I stopped in in September and made a mental note to return again. I have to remember that Gardiner isn't all that far away from Portland... their downtown is cute and nice to stroll around on a nice day, and the newish river park is just a great place to sit around and watch the boats.

I got the feeling that the store catered to the winemaker crowd as much, or more, as the beer crowd. They have every chemical (excuse me, supplement) under the sun... twice as many, it seemed, as the LBHS joints in Portland and Gray (the latter being my usual go-to).

Been a while since the thread was started, but I have been pretty happy with this shop in Gardner. I have been traveling down from Waterville.

Only complaint I have so far (other than it's a 30 minute drive for me) is a lot of the hops are in plain poly bags and I would really prefer a barrier bag in case I don't use them up right away. Has a good roller mill and base malts for $1.29/lb

Back