Maine Brewery Tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweryreviews

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am heading up to Maine between Christmas and NYE and would love to do a brewery tour. Can someone recommend a few (maybe 5) must-drink places?

Thanks!

Its been almost twenty five years since I lived in the Portland area but here are some that come to mind. I am not sure if they are must drink places, but its a starting point.

Maine gets quiet in the winter, but thats great. If you are there for NYE you should try to be in Portland.

Gritty McDuffs
Sea Dog
Kennebec River
Shipyard

It depends where in Maine you will be. Try Maine Brewers' Guild

have fun!

Thanks for the tip on the Guild....visiting that site reminded me of an awesome place I went to about 1.5 years ago; Belfast brewery....place was amazing, beer was great, and the folks that worked there were super friendly! OK, that is where i am heading next week!

Yeah, depending on where you are, i could tell you a bunch of different place, but im not 100% sure if they all do tours.

Most of the breweries are in the Portland area. I have been wanting to visit Allagash. If you come to my area of the state, theres Black Bear Brewing Co in Orono, Penobscot Bay Brewery in Winterport, and Geaghans Brewery (which JUST opened) which is within walking distance from my house. There are plenty of other fine places as well, but I cant think of them off the top of my head, and Im on my phone, which wont let me easily search.

OK, I am back and can report on two breweries. We did the new location for Sebago.....very nice - beer was good, but the food was really great! Nice location. Our other visit was to the old standy-by, Portsmouth Brewery....always good.

I have been playing around with a hobby site, breweryreviews.com, to give this kind of info in a single place. Just wondering if folks might give me some feedback and/or ideas....

So did you enjoy my state? :)

I haven't been to the Sebago or Portsmouth breweries, but have had their beer!

Back