Sanyo 4912 Alternative?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoRoToRiUm

Reaction score
I'm stepping up my brewing to take advantage of three free cornelius kegs! WOOT! I still need to give these a good cleaning and new rings, but am awaiting rings and a dual faucet tower. I have two 20lb CO2 tanks with dual pressure regs and five way split (I'll post it once I'm happy with my setup; used but not past the date yet).

Almost everything I need to get started, except a fridge!

Everyone seems to love the Sanyo 4912, but it's discontinued! Has anyone found a good alternative that's still on the market? I've looked everywhere to try and find one to no avail. I even picked up a Sanyo SR-4433S on craigslist hoping I could cram two in there, but no luck (Moved freezer plate, moved thermostat control, removed door panel).It's all back together and running fine, not going to post it (Unless someone wants a single keg setup?).

I rent, so I don't want to go with a freezer conversion. Anyone using another fridge with two kegs OTHER then the Sanyo 4912,let me know what it is!

Thanks!

Costco still has it and offers free shipping. I paid $283 shipped.

Fry's electronics price jumped $50 overnight(literally) and bestbuy doesn't have it available to deliver, or in store anywhere near me. So while costco may be a little more expensive at $259, they offer free shipping and they actually have it.

Thanks! I was checking out the Oster model and pricing etc, but ended up getting the Sanyo from Costco (also checked out Sears and other businesses around me). About $15 more than BestBuy (whose closest location is FAR away), but I don't have to wait a month! (BestBuy had delivery, but it would be over a month of me twiddling my thumbs in anticipation) Paid $289 shipped (surcharge for non-member).

Latest posts

Back