wood tower build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilc16

Reaction score
I was buying some parts to start a refrigerator conversion but I scored a free kegorator so I feel I have to use it. It definitely needs some tlc, including a new tower.

I have everything to get 3 taps going but the shanks I have are 4+"long. Not ideal for a pvc tower build so I'm giving a wooden tower build a try.

Here's where I got tonight. I have a Belgian and some apfelwein ready to drink so i'm going to try to get this done as soon as possible.

ForumRunner_20120313_223007.jpg

ForumRunner_20120313_223034.jpg

have you drilled a hole in the fridge yet for the beer lines to come up? I watched a video on youtube to see if there are refrigerant lines where your thinking about drilling.... I cant remember exactly what the mixture is but here is the jift of it. Make a solution of baking soda and water, the consistency of a runny mush. Spread it over the top of the fridge.... turn the fridge on.... if there is a refrigerator lines the baking soda/water mixture will dry at a different rate where the line is running. then you can figure where to not drill.

Wish i could find the video, maybe someone can give you better instructions.

The hole is already there. There was a single faucet tower in place that I wasn't able to use so the hole has some duct tape covering it up right now. That's some interesting advice though.

I put the faucets on to see how they'd look. Just need to get the back on there and run the beer lines down. Ill worry about staining and some trim work later.

ForumRunner_20120316_113002.jpg

Back