co2 cylinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
While I really don't plan on kegging any time soon with no way to chill the keg, I came across a 20# co2 bottle with regulator (no idea what kind/pressure) for $20. Should I jump on it for the hell of it, since it seems like such a good price?

hells yeah! The reg's worth $20 by itself - that tank, north of $100. COunt on having to pay to get it tested when you use it, but that's not that big a deal.

You could always trade it to another homebrewer for other gear that you might need.

I have a 20# but since I got rid of my triple kegerator I dont really find a good use for it. They wont fit in a standard single kegerator. Maybe if you bought a regular size fridge. I know my last 20# lasted about 30 sankey kegs.

definitely buy it. i would personally keep it, you don't know when you'll go to kegging, and it will be nice to have at that point.

and actually, you could change your siphoning to use co2 pressure so you can have closed transfers as well.

Back