Amazing Speed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compact007

Reaction score
So yesterday I Did a Counter top paritial mash and all went well! Even did a full boil on my stove top, took a while to get going but I have a 10 gallon pot so it fit over to gas burners. Anyway i pitched the dry yeast at 1 45 ish i would say maybe a little later and tucked the fermenter away in the corner. Well a 5 pm later that day, yes 3 hours 15 mins later, i was getting 1 bubble every 3 secs now today at 6 am im get 2 every second. Man i've never seen yeast act so quick!! hope it turns out good!!

I hope you have a blow off tube? It can get so bad it blows off the air lock in the middle of the night.

yep, had that happen the other day with a wheat beer, 10 gal. in two fermentors, both blew within 6 hours.

what a mess.

Dry yeast kicks. :rockin: I had a similar experience with a pale ale still in the carboy, with a blowoff tube there was so much foam in the bucket (Star San) the foam almost ran over the bucket. ;) It was attenuated within a day and a half.

- Eric

Back