Brew day called due to rain so I grabbed a gallon of Calico Amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
while I was at HBM grabbing some yeast. Now I'm working my way through the gallon, slinging code for a client and watching anime. Yeah my idea of a good night isn't exactly normal. :p

With a gallon of good beer in a growler that needs to be drunk though one thing is for sure... I'll be feeling good tonight. :p

Sounds pretty awesome. I'm having a BSDA from Kuhnhenn and playing Battlefield 3. Well, I was playing Battlefield 3, until I rage quit.

TomSD said:
while I was at HBM grabbing some yeast. Now I'm working my way through the gallon, slinging code for a client and watching anime. Yeah my idea of a good night isn't exactly normal. :p

With a gallon of good beer in a growler that needs to be drunk though one thing is for sure... I'll be feeling good tonight. :p

HBM... f*cking amazing

Damn I miss HBM! Bought my starter kit there a couple years ago and usually spent a few hours a weekend there until moving to Oki. Great grain selection and even better beer selection :ban:

TomSD said:
Yeah nothing beats sampling a couple different beers at ten in the morning on a rainy Saturday. Including their Barmy Apricot-Honey Strong Ale. Settled on the Calico though as a gallon of the smooth drinking Barmy (10% abv) would've left me curled up on the floor tonight, lol.

I've been once (November)... tried all but 2 of their offerings... started at 1130, finished by 1215... yeah :)

The most enjoyable part I find is just being able to shoot the **** with the guys. Sampled a couple beers and we talked beer styles and brewing and compared techniques, past and present, it is like the brewers equivalent of a sports bar, lol. Had a nice chat, a couple samples of good beer then left with the yeast I needed and a gallon of the good stuff.

I can't say I have always had a great experience on the brewers supply side of the store but I've never had a bad experience over at the bar.

Latest posts

Back