What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is doing pretty well!

ucaba.jpg

I thing you are the only one who has had one sent to them thay liked it, i beleive you where described as the next victum las t weekend.:D

See. I told you there are people that like it....

I don't understand it, but I quit questioning taste long agp. Otherwise I can't explain Miley Cyrus.

he liked it! Give it to Mikie he;ll eat anything!

Hahaha... It's funny because it's true.

EDIT: admittedly, I could only drink one of those in a sitting, though. I was just very surprised by the taste after looking at the can. Like I said, it tastes like Christmas and gingerbread to me.

Hahaha... It's funny because it's true.

EDIT: admittedly, I could only drink one of those in a sitting, though. I was just very surprised by the taste after looking at the can. Like I said, it tastes like Christmas and gingerbread to me.

No need to explain. My neighbor turned me on to it. He says it's one of his favorites. Not my cup of beer.

Now this is a SKA I can get behind.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389493040.741447.jpg

Did you model yours after Wells? I got a friend to taste Wells at a fest once. I thought a BK style berry punch was ensuing, but I sepaced.

Yeah, I tried that and was inspired to make something remotely close. I think I'm still missing something, but it's beer and I made it :beer:

You can't be serious. :rockin::D

Laughing out loud.

Very serious. Still tastes damn good.

After another great return and a perpetual now onto a hb Shakespeare stout clone. Putting the little one to bed takes a while.

Sent from my mobile device, please pardon my brevity.

1389494152917.jpg

The parents just got back from a ski trip and ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389495069.088269.jpgbrought me back a growler of this great honey ale beer by Taos Mesa Brewing. Thanks!

Deschutes Jubelale, not bad- malty and piney. Been looking up something to brew as my only brew this season all day, NB Furious is always out,Ive never seen that kit not sold out and ingredients for it seperatley are not really a good buy comparably to the kit, even for 2.5 gallons worth. So I think Im going with the Brickwarmer Holiday Red ale kit and add another oz of celion to it @ $25-30 and the grainbill it has its a pretty good value. Looking up most of the ingredients to kits and even splitting it in half still costs me over 30 with shipping so I figure Ill buy a full on kit and brew it twice. Keg in my 3 galon keg then later brew it with different yeast and bottle it. Thats cheaper than when I buy my ingredients usually I average a buck a beer $15 for a 2.5 gallon is great for me. Unless I buy a grain sack and depending how hop crazy I get. If I went to my lhbs and bought all the ingredients for Furious it would cost me almost or possibly more than 40 bucks just for a 2.5 gallon batch. Bunch of shat. Not shure if I would go for Midwest Ferocious(cheaper but not identical) or Austinbrews clone(mystery) either, especially when I dont know exactly what malts they use because they dont tell you. Think im done crying about not being able to brew Furious now. This Brickwarmer Holiday Red kit sounds pretty good though. I guess.:< And hey, Nukebrewer, I seen your post of Abrasive clone on beersmith, Ill have to brew that!

Opened a 16 now.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389495168.144079.jpg
Doing a comparison.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389495186.837890.jpg
I think 16 has a slight edge. Their both very good, though.

Logsdon Organic Farmhouse Ales

Their 90 rated Seizoen
World class rated Seizoen Bretta
And 88 rated Cerasus

I am inspired...

image.jpg

Yeah. That's the one I go to. Right next to the Home Depot.

Yep, that's the one. The Harviestoun are on the end shelf right before you turn down the beer aisle next to the coolers. I like that Specs. I don't live anywhere near it, but I pass by it every week while working so I stop in quite a bit. The beer guy is nice and pretty cool and actually knows about beer. Which is a lot more than I can say about the beer guys at some of the other locations.

The 2.5 isn't the problem, it's the 50% attenuation that belgian wheat beers of the 17th century had. I get enough empty calories from alcohol that I tend to stick to beers with lower finishing gravities. That and I'm a drunk so I can drink quite a few 4% beers without worrying about impaired function the next day, not that I function very well either way.

I would like to try the one with a 50% attenuation. (not that I want 5 gallons) I think it would be.... interesting.

Sent from my AT100 using Home Brew mobile app

Back