What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy-Klubb said:
I'm a fan of Netflix. it's all we've had for 5 years. before that, it was just DVD's and VHS.

It's about the same for us. We got rid of cable (couldn't justify $100 a month for crapy programming), and couldn't be happier.
Having a hoppy blonde now...

It's about the same for us. We got rid of cable (couldn't justify $100 a month for crapy programming), and couldn't be happier.
Having a hoppy blonde now...

no joke! there ain't much on TV I wanna watch anyhow. although we have been running through all the Star Trek shows when the boys let us.

nein! how old do you think I am, man?

I think I'll pick up some Mosaic for the ecy04. I'd like to see how it comes out with Zythos as well, as I just happen to have a pound of it laying about. I'll probably build up the Fantome & split it, one for primary and one for bottles on a split batch of wort. I'm pretty floccin' excited!

I love Mosaic. I'm trying to work through the hops in my freezer before I buy more and then I'm planning on working with older varieties that are cheaper and easier to ensure a steady supply of, but I think I'll let myself brew a few special beers with mosaic, galaxy, and nelson now and again. I bet the three together in a hoppy wheat bottled with brett would be dyn-o-mite!
JJ-Walker.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
no joke! there ain't much on TV I wanna watch anyhow. although we have been running through all the Star Trek shows when the boys let us.

I agree 100%. Honey Boo Boo ruined cable for me. I do miss Sons Of Anarchy though...

Favorite Trek Series? Hard to choose, but I think mine is DS9.

Only if you don't like good beer drank by awesome people. ;)

Well Fuzzy did think watermelon diabeetus stout sounded good, so maybe he should listen to you after all.:D

I love Mosaic. I'm trying to work through the hops in my freezer before I buy more and then I'm planning on working with older varieties that are cheaper and easier to ensure a steady supply of, but I think I'll let myself brew a few special beers with mosaic, galaxy, and nelson now and again. I bet the three together in a hoppy wheat bottled with brett would be dyn-o-mite!
http://www.burningsettlerscabin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/JJ-Walker.jpg

hells yeah! I just happen to have a little Nelson in the freezer!

Nompton said:
Oh, I know! I wanted to start sweet and my availability is a bit limited as I live in the middle of a state with very restrictive alcohol laws. I'll keep my eyes out for your suggestions!:mug:

You live in OKC? I'm temporarily living in Midwest city. I know the laws suck around here, but I've only been here about three weeks and already found some pretty decent brews! Fond some Love Child #3 and some other highly rated stuff! OK isn't quite as bad as I thought it would be!

hells yeah! I just happen to have a little Nelson in the freezer!

Me too, as well as some citra I need to use. Also, enough flaked wheat for 10lbs of white ipa. Might try adjusting my anchorage clone down to legal in TN and testing out the jackfruit idea. I do recall my friend who gave me the Nelson saying I could have the rest of the pound of galaxy he has. :D

Been a little busy today so I've been slacking.

So I did this while waiting on Mark's stuff to chill in the fridge.

image-326742218.jpg

Then I killed this Saison with dinner which was very nice!!

image-3368991045.jpg

Then I just had this Bee Heavy. Love the name! I also love the beer!

image-2372972705.jpg

Very nice job on the brews Mark!! I enjoyed them immensely!

TNGabe said:
Did you not get the 'just bottled saison needs to condition' memo?

Nope. I didn't get that memo. I thought it was a little light on the carb, but I don't mind a lightly carbed brew. If I did get it, I definitely forgot.

Straight Skeeter Pee... yuuuuuuuuummmmm
Damn it feels good to know what Im gettin hammered on was made by my hands :rockin:

ForumRunner_20131004_012247.jpg

Whoops, it's 1:30. Oh well, I'll still get 6 hrs of sleep, just like I would have if I went to bed at 11 like I'd planned on. It's not my fault this beer is so good I wanted another one. Oh wait, it is my fault. I just chewed some guy out for suggesting that women only like beer with stupid junk in it or particular types of beer at all. I was a women's studies minor after all. My minor advisor told me I was more of a feminist than most of the women in her classes and that was when I still wore my 'liqour up front, poker in the rear' hat. Bwahahaha.

Macallan 18
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Cabernet
Cabernet
Cabernet
Goose Island IPA
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Goose Island IPA
Boddington on tap
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I'm up. Like a savage..finished my 2nd bomber of my brown IPA. It's 3:34 am over here.... :drunk:

I'm up . Like a savage..just finished my 2nd bomber of my brown IPA. It's 3:34 AM over here.. I'm an idiot. :drunk:

mcbaumannerb said:
No - the plain saison is as carbed as it will get (although I didn't put enough sugar in it so it will stay undercarbed.) It's the pomegranate saison that needs a couple of weeks :)

I kinda remembered that after I posted, but then didn't want to brag about getting the fancy version ;)

Been drinking a lot of Bean Flicker (coffee blonde) by Odd Sides. Hoping to pick up some Harvest Ale from Founders this weekend

Decided at 3:15AM that I wasn't gunna get back to sleep. Had a couple Buds & sat in front of the computer. Snooze city for a couple hours. Woke up,read a little online,fell back asleep again. Woke up in time for wife to start delivering hot coffee. Tired & have runnin to do as well. I don't wanna...mommy,make it stop!...

Coooooooooffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Can't get enough in my system this morning, as is I'm only 1/3rd awake, and it's not the witty quick thinking third either.

$150 or two hours... holy crap... thats like 20-25 quality beers at a bar I frequent.. so sadly for me the two hours would probably come up first. Unelss it covered booze too, I'd burn through that $150 on moderately high-end scotch/bourbon/whiskey/vodka in short order.

CliffMongoloid said:
I won an open bar for tonight... 2 hours or $150 which ever comes first... I hope i can recover by then.... I'm sure i will

Depending on if they have a nice bottle menu, I think I could do that in three beers some places! Not going to drop $50 on Cantillon at a bar, but I'd sure get three for free if I could!

How'd you win the bar tab?

More Oolong and water after the am run. Time to get my dough on.

Back