Stainless mesh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get a water supply pipe from the plumbing section of your favorite h/w store. It will be a vinly line wrapped in SS mesh. Cut the ends off, pull out the tubing and roll&crimp the end. then you can use a hose clamp to attach it to your drain. You may also want to put a weight in the end to keep it from floating up. I used a titanium weight from my son's pinewood derby car. Just don't use a lead weight.

Where to get it? Mcmaster.com

Hopfan was actually suggesting that you might not need to drop the money on stainless mesh if you plan to batch sparge because the concensus is that a false bottom style drain is of no confirmed benefit in that process.

Mcmaster has both stainless and copper mesh, perforated sheet as well as weaved mesh like window screening. I've even toyed with the idea of using a stainless kitchen sieve turned upside down.

Nope, I believe a spammer posted before. Looks like the mods cleaned it up pretty quickly without a trace left. He/she/it posted in about 4-5 threads I saw this morning.

Latest posts

Back