Brewpubs to visit in Charlottesville, VA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
Leaving for Virginia tomorrow morning, and will be there until Monday, I have a stop planned at a Dogfish Head Alehouse in centerville tomorrow night, any suggestions for good brewpubs in the Charlottesville, VA area?

dfh alehouse isnt a brewpub as they dont brew on premises, but you can get all the dfh offerings there.

for charlottesville, the only brewpub I know of is "South Street Brewery" near the downtown mall. They have good nachos if you want something to munch on.

If you don't mind the drive, blue mountain brewery is like half an hour west of charlottesville. It is located in a beautiful area (wine country), and they serve great food. They also have a hop farm. Their full nelson IPA is pretty money.

I'd check out Devil's Backbone. Not too far away from C-Ville either. Award winning small pub that makes a lot of lagers. They also make a malt liquor that comes served in a brown paper bag, cause its ultra classy.

Unfortunately, I will only be in Centerville for I will only be in Centerville Thursday evening, I have to drive to Charlottesville Friday morning.:(

I saw the Star Hill Brewery on-line, and wanted to check it out, I just don't think it will be feasible this trip. I also saw the South Street Brewery on -line, and it had many positive reviews, so I am going to attempt to make a stop in there.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!:mug:

There is a real small brewery open north of Charlottesville just before Ruckersville on 29n called Beer Hound Brewery. They had a great Oatmeal Stout and one of the best Imperial IPA's I've had.

Sorry I ever posted this, the owner is a ****** that acts like customers owe him something and the place is a filthy mess.

Back