orange blossom allergies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfp03001

Reaction score
My girlfriend is highly allergic to oranges does anyone have any idea if she would also be allergic to orange blossom honey? i have not found anything yet from google seems kind of risky to me.

My girlfriend is highly allergic to oranges does anyone have any idea if she would also be allergic to orange blossom honey? i have not found anything yet from google seems kind of risky to me.

Probably a better question for a doctor. I wouldn't take my chances if I were her.

Most likely if she's allergic, and not sensitive to citrus, the problem for her lies with limonene or specific proteins that occur naturally in the fruit. I'm not sure if those same substances would be represented in the flower before the fruit.

No its only oranges its not like lemons or grapefruits. So she is not sensitive to citrus. I think asking a doctor would be the best idea too i just thought I would throw it out there.

Back