Strongest beer you brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooklynBrew

Reaction score
Hey im looking to make a beer in the 10% abv range. I was wondering what the highest abv you guys have brewed.

I've done a 12% barleywine (look for the 999 Barleywine thread) It's definitely a sipping beer, not something to drink just for the buzz, vodka would be a lot cheaper :)

Unfortunately just 8.8%. I really want to brew some big guys, but I just don't have the pipeline that a lot of you do.

My 2.8% mild was solid though.

16% BW, fed it every other day for 6 days into primary, mostly honey, but some sugar, ala the goddess ale in Sam's book. Too much alcohol heat for about a year but after almost 2 years it's mellowed very nicely.

Barleywine that was 9.2%abv. Strongest fermented beverage was a peach mead that was 13.2%abv.

16% BW, fed it every other day for 6 days into primary, mostly honey, but some sugar, ala the goddess ale in Sam's book. Too much alcohol heat for about a year but after almost 2 years it's mellowed very nicely.

Thats up near the big boys. I am impressed. What yeast did you use?

Ready to go on tap very soon I have a 13% Imperial Alt. I'm really looking forward to this. It's almost 1 yr since brewing. I pulled some samples recently and you can still tell it is an Alt, and is not a barleywine or old ale

I'm a Wooosss. I just bought a Belgian batch that is supposed to be 7.5% ABV.... I thought that was strong.....

Alas... the kit at the LHBS was to include a liquid yeast... I forgot to have them get if from the refrigerator .... I hope they remember me tomorrow...

Back