Interesting eBay Item

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQBrew

Reaction score
Looks like someone is building a "commercial" version of the Fermentation Chiller that can be built with 2" foam board. (I'm not the seller of this item...just thought it was interesting) Price is VERY high!!! :eek:

Fermenterator

Change ice every 24hr. Dry any condensation out with a towel, but very little should form because the moving air tends to dry it.

and you have to add ice everyday! just like an old fashioned icebox... :D

DBAib12 said:
I wonder what the cost is to freeze 4 gallons of water per day for a month......

For some of us, the cost is...nothing.

Then again, I don't have to pay for water or electricity since it's included in my monthly rent. :p

I've decided to build one myself. I am going to do away with the ice jugs though by using a peltier cooler. This really raised the cost of the cooler but hey, I'm having just as much fun building stuff as I am brewing beer! When completed, this unit will require no attention (ice jugs) and will run at very low electrical consumption. The peltier I am getting is big enough so I think I will do a two compartment version of the cooler. Right now I am determining how to control the air flow to the different compartments. I will have a seperate fan for each but they will share the peltier so I will need to rig up some sort of louver system. The peltier was about 40 bucks and the power supply to run it was another 35. This is on top of the 80 or so bucks that others on this forum have said they have spent building theirs. No way with these costs that it would be a good seller but if your interested, I'll let ya know how it turns out and provide modifications to the plans to the basic fermentation cooler.

ORRELSE said:
Looks professionally done! Too bad though--it looks too much like a toilet for me to want to put beer into it!!!!

isn't that where beer ends up anyways :D

Back