Think I might have an Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bojobob

Reaction score
Looked at my beer today and this is what I see judging from several other threads I have come this is possibly infected, was just looking for a yes or no on that. Its my second ever batch of beer.

I made https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/boondock-irish-stout-96675/

IMAG0002.jpg

Need a closer picture to be certain, but it just looks like some of the yeast floating on top. Happens all the time. Nothing to worry about.

jburk said:
Need a closer picture to be certain, but it just looks like some of the yeast floating on top. Happens all the time. Nothing to worry about.

Ditto this. Also, it they're green, it could be some hops that made it into the fermenter. How long ago did you start this batch?

I wasn't to sure the top of the beer was pretty clear the last time I did a gravity check about a week ago, now there was a slight film and new bubbles on the surface. Pellicle infection was one of the possibility I came across for an infection. I'm not to concerned I bottled it anyways and wait and see how it turns out figured I'd just ask the experts on it.

I hope you're kidding.

i was not kidding. bubbles often show up on the surface of a beer after the krausen drops but the surface is otherwise clear. the picture you posted shows what looks like a pellicle on the surface with bubbles coming up underneath. do you have a closer/larger image?

Back