Kegerator Temperature Different from Beer Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroLozen

Reaction score
Sorry for the repost...I posted this in the General Discussion part and thought I should move it here. Still learning the format for this forum, as it is quite large but chalked full of great knowledge. So here is my post from before:

I recently bought a Haier Kegerator. I am happy with it. How ever I do have a few questions.

I have a cup of water in it with a digital thermometer, which stays right around 35 degrees. Even after I pour 2 pints of beer and take the temperature of the beer it reads at about 42 degrees.

I have read about how adding a fan with hose to pump cold air into the tower, to chill that area. But even after 2 consecutive pours, shouldn't the temperature of the beer be closer to my kergerator temperature?

The keg has been in there for over 5 days, and have a good seal around the door. So I am not concerned about warm air entering the kegerator.

Am I missing something here? Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

What is the volume of your keg? If you're talking 15 gallons, that could take quite a bit of time (weeks?) to equilibrate with the fridge temperature. Even my 5-gallon kegs take a bit of time to reach fridge temps.

A fan will definitely help.

Back