Beer Line Size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
I recently picked up a used keezer off of craigslist. The setup was old and was for commercial kegs. The beer line that he had in there was probably 1/4".

The new beer lines that i purchased are 3/16". Will I need to get a new connector for the tap? Or do I just have to work harder to get the line onto the connector.

Thanks.

let the end of the beer line sit in very hot water for about 30 seconds, this will soften it up, and help it slide on, you will get a nice secure fit.

Use hot water or a hot air gun to soften the 3/16" line to go on 1/4" barbs.

You want 3/16" unless you have a huge length of run.

Thanks guys!! With that news, I hope to have everything hooked up with my first batch kegged by tomorrow night.

I boiled 2 cups of water in a 1 qt saucepan, turned the heat down to low, and dipped the first inch of the 3/16" I.D. vinyl tubing into the hot water for 15-30 sec. It was very soft and went right over the barbs on the disconnect and the picnic tapper. Quick and easy. Now it's like it's welded on there!

Back