So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not this weekend, but probably next. I think I'm going to do an oak "aged" scottish ale. I'm thinking about steeping the chips/cubes in rum for a couple of days.

Week be making an imperial IPA tomorrow. Wanted to brew today, but needed to do a two step starter and didn't start until yesterday.

I get to brew my prize for winning best of show at the Kentucky State Fair which is I get to brew 110 gallons of my Racuhbier recipe on one of our local brewery's systems. This is going to be a good weekend.

I get to brew my prize for winning best of show at the Kentucky State Fair which is I get to brew 110 gallons of my Racuhbier recipe on one of our local brewery's systems. This is going to be a good weekend.

Sweet, enjoy!

Seriously awesome, congratulations and try not to smile the entire time, your face may get sore!

Brewing a stout this weekend.. have a 12 gallon whiskey barrel that it will be going into for secondary.

Brewing my Southern English Brown Ale recipe (though I've made some modifications to it since I posted it). I've put this off too damn long! I meant to have this in the bottle before my birthday (a week ago), and it's already the beginning of November... OTOH, I am looking forward to brewing three weekends in a row (next week is a Covert Hops Society group brew, and the week after that I mean to make an MO/Cascade SMaSH), so I may make up some lost time a bit.

Gonna go with whiskey stout, have the secondary just need the airlock and plug for the carboy.
Unless The same recipe for it BAIB,kit price+grain, hops and Bags is the comparative.
I'm feeling the tug for BAIB. but would like more kits under my belt.
Maybe

Gonna go with whiskey stout, have the secondary just need the airlock and plug for the carboy.
Unless The same recipe for it BAIB,kit price+grain, hops and Bags is the comparative.
I'm feeling the tug for BAIB. but would like more kits under my belt.
Maybe

All grain kits normally run about $10 or so cheaper than extract. I did BIAB after only 6-7 extracts and then went to all grain with mash tun after 3 BIAB. It is less intimidating than you think and the results will truly surprise you! take the jump and you will be rewarded :D

Who's brewing this weekend?
- Me...
Gonna brew up a batch of Pyramid Snow Cap. Another beer that you can but at any corner store (In WA...)
Last weekend I did EdWorts Robust Porter which will be spiked with coffee extract. Also I added the vanilla bean extract to the same porter that I brewed the weekend before. Later I'll need to blend a bit of each...
Hmm, Next w/e may be a Bacon Rauchbier or a wit, IDK

finsfan said:
All grain kits normally run about $10 or so cheaper than extract. I did BIAB after only 6-7 extracts and then went to all grain with mash tun after 3 BIAB. It is less intimidating than you think and the results will truly surprise you! take the jump and you will be rewarded :D

Yes! This!

Brewing another Belgian dubel in the morning.
Learned a lesson last week bottling 15 gals is a pain

Since the leaves are turning beautiful yellows, oranges, and reds...I decided to try my hand at an Irish Red Ale this afternoon. Well, because of my ingredients and yeast...it's actually more of an AMERICAN-Irish Red ;)

I was going to brew my PM robust Porter with vanilla this weekend,but I forgot my BB is filled with my traditional stout & oak till Tuesday. Gotta wait to empty/clean it to get the spring water for the porter.:(

Brewing an Irish stout right now.
Going to ferment with Brett Cust.
Half will go to an Irish mate who turns 30 at the end of the month and the other half will be drunk with my mother-in-law over new year

15 gallons of Oatmeal Stout 20 mins left before cooldown

image-612986613.jpg

Doing a hop stands on my imperial IPA. Good Lord I've never had such a stressful brew day.
Too thin of a mash led to not enough sparging, taking my efficiency from 75% to about 70%. Then too much in the kettle so o had to boil a lot longer and more i have about 1.5 gallons of extra wort. Boiling that now and will bottle it up for starters.

Bottling a Belgian Blonde tonight. Tomorrow evening I will be brewing a honey weisse kit from the lhbs and testing a 1 gallon all grain biab pale ale I found on the sites recipes. Can't remember the exact one. First time all grain and first time less than 5 gallons all in one!

One brown in the carboy. Second one mashing away. Wife and I ran out to get sushi during the hour wait.

Blowing like hell out here had to hang a tarp to block it all so that was fun this morning.

Brewed my version of a Vienna Lager called "Opening Day Vienna". Today was opening day of Deer season in Maine. I was brewing at 5:00am instead of scouting out a tree stand.
Hope to eventually trade some for venison if any of my hunting buds were successful.

Getting ready to brew a all citra except Apollo bittering ipa, that started as a zombie dust clone.

Heated up the mash tun aka cooler a couple hours ago. Got the mash going right now. Have the mash tun covered up right now under some blankets cause I will be taking it of and my equipment except burner for he has one over to his place at nine. Going to teach him how to brew. He does not have a lot of time today so I told him we can do the runnings and the boil and the cool down with the time he had available. We will be doing an oatmeal stout since he likes them.

Back