Gaining Weight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJTomatoguy

Reaction score
I have always had a problem with weight and lost over 100 lbs twice in my life. 140 first time and 110 second time. (Diet and Exercise does work)

I have noticed since I started brewing beer that I have gained about 30 pounds. I used to drink at least a 6 pack of coors light, natty, rolling rock or miller high life every day.
Switched to real beer, down to 3 a day, and put on 30 lbs. WTF?

I'm drinking
Dos Equis
Dinkel Acker
Sierra Nevada.
Amstel Light(it was free)

Any suggestions for a lighter beer.
I placed an order with morebeer for
American Lite
Light ale
Mild brown,
Thinking these would be lower calorie/carb/abv beer.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob

Keep your beer down below about 3.5% ABV, and the calorie count will be a little more "gut friendly." Download a copy of BeerSmith or other brewing software to design your own "low cal" recipes. Use the chart below to help keep the recipes balanced.

hopsgraph.jpg

I have always had a problem with weight and lost over 100 lbs twice in my life. 140 first time and 110 second time. (Diet and Exercise does work)

Dude...that's 250 pounds. You must be like a toothpick.

:D

Keep your beers under 4% and chug a bottle of water in between. It isn't just the beer for me...it's the associated munchies I get.

"...this beer is making me hungry for some salty pretzels..."

yeah...since I've started I've noticed the same thing.....plus I quit smoking a month ago, and I know that I've eaten more than I used to...There's some sort of a weightloss thread on here that I've pretty much ignored...but have been considering seeing what they have to say....it's here. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=49989&highlight=weight+loss.

Dude...that's 250 pounds. You must be like a toothpick

Nope. 230 now, and creeping up. I'm 5'5

My doctors exact words were- That's F'ng amazing. When i eat right and exercise, The pounds fly off.
LOW Blood pressure-118/68
My ideal weight is about 160/170

I broke my ankle, without health insurance, and it did not heal properly. I used too walk 3 miles a day. Then I leveled off at 200, until I started making beer. The funny part is I've only had 2 of my beers, I've been working on gathering bottles.

Back