Hello from State College, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logank

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I'm from Kentucky originally and now located in State College, PA. I'm still a beginner, about to start my third batch, a honey spruce lager from a charlie papazian recipe. I am hoping soon to put together a bourbon barrel-style ale like some breweries make in Kentucky, so if anyone has tips about that i'd love to hear them. My favorite is Kentucky Ale's bourbon barrel. It's a medium pale ale that's put up in Woodford Reserve (i think) barrels and ends up tasting incredibly good. Only I can't really make enough to fill a barrel, so I'm trying to find the best alternative. cheers.

Welcome to the forum. There is alot of experience here, and someone has the information on the types of beer you are interested in making. I don't know if there is anything specific to a bourbon barrel beer in the recipe forum, but take a look there first. If you can't find there or elsewhere on the internet, make a post in the recipe forum and someone will be able to help.

I'd say your best bet is to get some oak pieces and soak them in the bourbon you like, but I couldn't tell you how much you'd need.

Happy Brewing.

Latest posts

Back