Philadelphia Area - 93.3 WMMR Preston & Steve's Home Brew Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the official event registration page for the First Annal Preston and Steve Homebrew Competition. To finish the registration process, you will be required to "like" the Triumph Brewing Co Old City Page and then RSVP that you will be attending the event. You will also be required to bring a copy of the confirmation email that you received in response to your official entry. You will now be required to bring 6 twelve ounce bottles of your brew to the event for judging. Registration will begin at 11am and the event begins promptly at 12noon. We look forward to seeing you here.

The First ANAL Preston and Steve Homebrew Competition.

Triumph is a joke... Can't you get someone to at least spell correctly?
Piss Poor Management.

You can't look at this like you would a BJCP competition.
My guess, mob rules will be in effect.

It will take a good beer to win,
but don't expect the best beer to get to the top.

I look at this as a fun day in the city,
A chance to share beers and conversation with like minded people
. . . and someone will come home with $500.

Thanks to P&S and Triumph!

... I ended up brewing my Saison for the Lansdale Beer Festival keg competition instead, anyway.

Have any details on that? I went last year & was planning to go again this year, but I hadn't seen or heard anything about them doing a competition...

Are we talking about this one? lansdalebeerfest.com ? on Saturday June 25th?

I didn't see anything on the website about homebrew.

It appears that things are going exactly as expected

Yet another pooch screwing moment by Triumph :rockin:

@VonMessa... saw that pic of the basement and knew you were local... I live in Ambler (and unfortunately have a more spartan cellar)

@AnOldUR... since you seem a bit vested in this you should forward the thread to their attention so the "2nd annual" can be better, the contest has a lot of potential.

By the way... anyone local going to the keg only comp. or any other SE PA events... be sure to check out Free Will Brewing (shameless plug for a bud, but it's good stuff)

@VonMessa... saw that pic of the basement and knew you were local... I live in Ambler (and unfortunately have a more spartan cellar)

@AnOldUR... since you seem a bit vested in this you should forward the thread to their attention so the "2nd annual" can be better, the contest has a lot of potential.

By the way... anyone local going to the keg only comp. or any other SE PA events... be sure to check out Free Will Brewing (shameless plug for a bud, but it's good stuff)

LOL, that stack is all but gone, now. Waiting for the next group buy to fill. I've got another 10 sacks coming :rockin:

I will be @ the Lansdale Beer fest. I can walk there, even while carrying a keg.

This contest was so poorly planned and I made other plans for my vacation after 3 weeks went by with no word. Thought I didn't make it. Guess I was wrong. Preston and Casey are judging, I think I'll save my beer for some real contests and not waste it on this poorly executed debacle. I hope next year will be better, I was looking forward to it and thought I still may have been able to drive back but I don't know. Good luck to all who are going.

This contest was so poorly planned and I made other plans for my vacation after 3 weeks went by with no word. Thought I didn't make it. Guess I was wrong. Preston and Casey are judging, I think I'll save my beer for some real contests and not waste it on this poorly executed debacle. I hope next year will be better, I was looking forward to it and thought I still may have been able to drive back but I don't know. Good luck to all who are going.

I just brought them a 6-pack when my wife and I went to the studio to see the show 2 weeks ago.

Seemed easier that way :mug:

DSC00573.jpg

Back