Northern Brewer Lambic kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpruim01

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm pretty new here so I'm not sure if partial mash is better in here or in the extract section. Anyways i'm providing a link to a lambic I plan on brewing sometime soon. http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/PM-ChateauNorthern.pdf

Any opinions on how the recipe looks and what I should be aware of. I've only done 4 batches now but have a spare carboy to put away for an extended period and would love to try to make some Lambic. I have the lambic yeast and Pedio from Northern Brewer and plan on pouring Cantillon, Drie Fontenien, Jolly Pumpkin, Lost Abbey etc.. dregs in the carboy. So let me know what you think and if you think I'm stupid for trying a lambic for just my 5th batch of beer I'd like to know feedback.

Looks good to me. I've made a few lambics using 3278 over the years and they turned out great, if you are willing to wait about 2 years. That's the hard part. When you do long term storage, make sure you use glass and not plastic; you won't get air permeation with glass like you will with plastic, that will ruin the batch.

Awesome thanks for the response. So I should primary with the lambic blend and then pitch the Pedio in the secondary glass?

I'd make a starter for the pedio if you want more sourness. When I made my lambic's, I added the blend and the pedio at once, in glass. I would be willing to bet that you could get by for about a month or so in plastic, but I wouldn't risk much more than that, for a batch like this.

Back