• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Little Giant TE5.5-MD-HC (NEW)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappajoe

Reaction score
Little Giant TE-5.5-MD-HC pump,
Brand New, never used

300.00 shipped

Ryton Magnetic Drive chemical Pump, Highly Corrosive. 115V / 230V 525 watts. The magnetic drive pump design consists of a cylindrical drive magnet attached to the motor shaft which rotates around a chemically resistant plastic -Ryton separator housing. Inside this housing is a magnet completely encapsulated in chemical resistant plastic, and is fixed to the impeller. The impeller is free to rotate on a ceramic spindle supported at both ends. Thrust washers are utilized as wear bearings. The washers are held captive and do not revolve, to prevent wear on the shaft. Since this setup has a magnetic coupling, it eliminates leakage compared to pumps with conventional shaft seals.

Maximum Flow 32 gallons/min
TDH (Head) Maximum @ 0GPM 18.18 PSI
Head (TDH) Maximum @ 0GPM 42 FT
HP Standard 0.33 HP
Watts 525 W
Inlet Connection Type FNPT Inlet 1 "
Outlet Connection Type MNPT Outlet 0.75 "
Wetted Materials Ryton-PPS GF Elastomers Viton
Voltage 115/230 V Phase 1
Frequency 50/60 Hz
Motor TEFC
Motor Amps 5.6 / 2.8 A
Speed 3450 RPM

TE5.5.jpg

Might be interested but haven't seen it used in brewing before. Do you mind my asking why you're selling and what you had originally intended to use it for? CIP?

Listed only to 180F but lists parts as ceramic, Ryton, Viton, and carbon. Any reason why this won't be usable up to boiling?

I originally bought 2 of these pumps for a 1bbl pilot brewery system, but found a really nice 2bbl system on probrewer and scraped the build.

The pumps were going to be used for recirculating the mash and whirlpool duties. For some reason these are built out of the same material as the smaller TE-3- MD-HC but not rated as high... not really sure why?? We were going to use them anyways.... I know that does not answer your last question but your guess is as good as mine.

We are using the second pump to transport from conical to bright tank...

I have a TE-5-md-hc and use this pump on my boil pot, nice pump, quite and powerful makes for good whirl pooling.
running it at 220v hardwired..
I think the only difference is mine has a 1/2 outlet vs 3/4.
I would think the 3/4 outlet of this TE-5.5 would be better

Back