"Specialty" Beer in Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neumann

Reaction score
So I was at the State Fair this afternoon, out to lunch with my coworkers. Just perusing the food and faces (of which there were plenty). As I walk past the "Specialty Beer Saloon" I see the list of what they got. Sam Adam's, Corona, Dos Equis, a few others and PBR. That's right. At the Arkansas State Fair, you too can pay $5 a glass for Pabst Blue Ribbon. Not that any of the other beers where really worth $5 but I can get a 12 pack of PBR at Wal-Mart for $7.50! Needless to say I was disgusted. I will be saving my money for ingredients for my next homebrew.

Never been to Hog Haus. That's in Fayetteville I believe. If I'm ever up there I plan to check it out but I can't make the 3 hour trip just for that. I have toured Diamond Bear's place here in Little Rock. I also like to stare at Vino's brew setup as I drive by on my way to work.

Back