Help with Recipe from Leftovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secinarot

Reaction score
I have a bunch of leftover specialty grains and hops from my last couple of brews. The hop bags are open and the grains crushed so I want to try and use them up soon. I wouold greatly appreciate some ideas on what styles of beer I can brew from these ingredients, particularly the specialty grains. I am planning to do a couple of small batches to use up the stuff. I will need to buy some base malt or extract and other ingredients depending on the recipes. Here is what I have:

Black (Patent) Malt 12.0 oz
Caramel Malt - 40L 12.0 oz
Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L 8.0 oz
Chocolate Malt 10 oz
Munich Malt-10L 12.0 oz
Smoked (Rauch) Malt 7.0 oz
Victory Malt (biscuit) 8.0 oz

Cascade Hops 0.50 oz
Centennial Hops 0.50 oz
Chinook Hops 0.50 oz
Horizon Hops 0.35 oz
Pearle Hops 1.00 oz
Williamette Hops 0.70 oz

Thanks in advance! :p

Smoked Porter is probably going to be the best fit for the most inclusive amount of grains.

That makes sense since most of the leftovers are from a batch of smoked porter that I just made :D I admire your recipe knowledge to pick up on that! I could try a different recipe for a porter or maybe a stout if I don't come up with anything else.

4 oz crystal 120
8 oz crystal 40
2 oz chocolate
8 oz victory

american amber w/those american hops you have-good malty beer

thats a base for a good american red ale- hoppy and malty all in one- your hops are perfect for it, too, although you might have to get more

or, just go lighter OG, less hops, and go Irish red

Back