beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a pneumatic tool, I would suspect that it is pre-lubricated when you buy it. I wouldn't want that in my beer. If you could clean it sufficiently, I suppose you could make it work if you had the right valves and such.

I would build one from scratch with valves and tubes and such if I really wanted one, I suppose.

Knowing HF stuff it's probably not to hard to break apart and clean re-lube. You might find it's foam up a lot though...

for 12 dollars I might bite the bullet next payday just for a looksee.

I use this and love it:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

Chances are you have some/most of the parts already around. I just needed the stopper...

Exactly. Total cost for me was < $10, but I needed a disconnect, hose, and the stopper. Already had the picnic tap and bottling wand. :) Still cheaper than buying the part from HF and wondering if it'll to the trick. I normally would be encouraging experimentation but in this case it seems like a lot more work for at best, the same outcome as the linked one, and at worst, a waste of money, and potentially getting things into your beer that you don't want.

Back