Burners for brewstand - Any options for Canucks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino17

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I am in the process of building my single tier setup, but can't seem to find a source for burners. I was hoping to get the same burners as ScubaSteve, but either the retailer is out of stock, or they do not ship to Canada. Anyone have any ideas? Or any fellow canucks want to shed some light on where they have purchased theirs from?

Cheers,

Rhino

You could try a farm supply or co-op. I don't know what kind of burners you're referring to but the standard ones you'll find on most turkey fryers are readily available at those types of location (in my experience anyway).

Amazon is a good resource. I believe you can buy just the cast iron burner from them...then just put it in your system. I'll tell you from experience though....the Banjo burner is WAY more than you need in a stand! I got them because they look cool, mainly. I've never had to go full blast when brewing, and if I tried I would melt my ball valve/char my wooden rig. I got my burners for $25 each, so I don't feel like I wasted money, but I could have easily gone with something smaller and had the same results. BTW, I use a 20 psi reg and it's MORE than enough. It strikes a nice balance between power and efficiency.

ALSO, the Banjo is a PITA to mount ;) . You can see in my gallery how creative I had to get.

FlyGuy said:
Have you tried Amazon.com (not Amazon.ca)? They should ship to Canada (or at least, they have shipped me anything I ever wanted).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JXYTG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I've tried Amazon.com, but when you get to the checkout section, is says that they can not ship to the selected destination due to geographical restrictions.

ScubaSteve, I was interested in those burners because they are a little oversized. Currently I have a very standard 55k btu burner, and it's pretty loud when in opperation. How loud are the banjo burners you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
The burners as I have them mounted in my stand make a "rushing" noise....especially on high. It's not too noticeable on low. They don't make that high pitched whine/whistle you hear in some burners. I highly recommend incorporating needle valves if you choose this burner, because you will need to have fine control over the heat...otherwise prepare to burn something!

Back