HHP's Build Thread!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHP

Reaction score
OK, I wired up my control panel based on Ohio-Ed's E-Stop circuit and a diagram from PJ available in my prior thread.

I think I did pretty well, everything that carries 220V/30A is 10GA stranded THHN, and everything else is 14GA (except the RTD which is whatever it came with.

The RTD is attached permanently (disconnects from the probe at the probe) because it was easier, perhaps later I'll make it a QD from the panel. Also, the PID and switches (except for E-Stop) are wired directly with no circuit breaker protection, i'm retarded and ill fix that later...

I tested it and it seems to function perfectly (the first time I might add).

Without further ado, the good stuff:
img0135ih.jpg

img0134np.jpg

Its now version 1.0

I had to move the SSR heatsink to outside the box because the last one burned up, there were scorch marks on the inside of the box. I used a thin piece of aluminum sheet to sandwich between the ssr and the heatsink. There is space for three more if I ever decide to expand the panel.

The coolest part about all of the zip ties is that nothing in there moves, at all.

I'm brewing this weekend, i'll take pics of it up and running.

Pics:
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

Back