Lost my regulator washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess any good nylon washer that was the right size would work. The tank fitting is standard though so if you are in doubt call a couple welding supply places or somewhere like airgas that runs a fill station.

Probably too late today, but go to a welding supply shop. The one I go to to fill my tank gives me a free washer every time I'm in there.

Where does this go between the reg and tank? Do all regs use them? I don't think I had one with mine?

Depending on your regulator, you may have a white plastic/nylon/whatever washer attached to the outer edge, inside the threads part. My Micromatic regulator does and it made it worse when I added a washer to the mix (trying to solve leak problems).

I have considered using a milk jug as temporary donor for the washer. They get stuck to the face of the cylinder's valve fitting, and then fall off if you don't pay attention when removing the cylinder.

I haven't done it, but it came to me as an emergency fix when and if it happened to me, while hooking up a fresh one once.

Well when I went and got the tank filled I talked to the guy and I am SUPPOSED to have a plastic washer between the regulator and the tank. I had also used silicon tape which is a no no too I guess. He gave me the washer for free.

I also got some leak test stuff they had. Makes lots of bubbles if there is any leak no matter how small.

My hose was kind of old an brittle so I changed that as well. When I transferred from keg to keg I noticed the relief valve was funky on that keg as well. I set that keg aside and since I have 8 I won't use that one till I need it and I will take the relief valve out and lube everything and presuure test it before I use it again.

Hopefully I solved my probs.

Back