Packing in Cans and 750ml Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
I am in San Diego and purchased some Ten Fidy cans and 750 mL bottles of Alesmith. I plan to bring some back with me by putting it in my checked luggage. Anyone have any tips to ensure they do not explode? Was thinking of balling up newspaper, putting it and a bottle or can in small shopping bag and then tying it up... Thoughts?

Mine never explodes in checked bags

Same here. I travled back from Denver to Mass with 2 - 6 packs and 6-750ML bottles and did not have one problem. If you are worried about the bottles maybe tape around the cork and cage. Just make sure you have clothes around them and they are packed in there good. TSA opened mine and took all of the cans out of the plastic holder and threw them around the bag.

Cans: nothing
Bottles: the goal is to avoid glass on glass contact. Clothes work okay, if you really care about the beer or the clothes you can use a sheet of bubble wrap and put the whole thing in a zip-loc (might need 1 gal size for the 750).

Back