Leftover ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayrton

Reaction score
I've got three or four different types of malt sitting around and I want to use them while they're still good. Does anyone have a good "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of recipe?

Also, what would be the best use for 3 - 4 ounces of unidentifiable whole hops? Some sort of IPA that utilizes only one type of hop?

On the hops front, I'd use them for flavor and aroma since you have no idea what the AA% is. Maybe some kind of pale ale, something fairly generic that could work well with a wide variety of hop types?

What are the malts that you have, and how much of each?

They're at home, so I'll have to check, but I think I've got a pound of vienna, a pount of carapils, a pound of roasted barley, and a pound or two of chocolate (malt, of course). There may be another one or two. Certainly a darker beer will result if I mix them all, but what might that beer be? Some sort of frankenbrau. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back