Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else found and been using teh Wabbajack?

Awesome against Dragons, so far. I am still waiting for it to trip me up by completely restoring a Dragons health.

For whatever reason using the Wabbajack felt like cheating (plus no ability building).

Poll question, is he everyone's favorite Daedric Prince? I'd say its either him or Sanguine for me...

For whatever reason using the Wabbajack felt like cheating (plus no ability building).

Poll question, is he everyone's favorite Daedric Prince? I'd say its either him or Sanguine for me...

I've not dealth with very many daedric yet.

I like the Wabbajack for only Dragons. Prior to, Dragons were either killing my follower or picking me off like a parasite (Lvl 33, Heavy armor).

I've had the Wabbajack screw me on frost trolls so, I stopped using it.

Here is an interesting tidbit about the Wabbajack I've learned;

It can improve your follower. A follower is spawned and it's skill level is determined by your skilllevel at the time of spawn. Once this happens it never improves.

Wabbajack can change that.

Take everything away from your follower, save the game, dismiss your follower, and use Wabbajack until your follower is transformed (Rabbit, etc.) then strike the animal.

Your follower will respawn with an increased skill level in line with yours (but will not exceed the set maximum).

I found this after trying to figure out WTF happened with a Troll. Damn thing turned into a rabbit, Lydia hit it, and it came back as a restored, full health, Troll. WTF? :D

Gotta love skyrim! And honestly I like all of the daedric princes they are all pretty bananas in their own way and sheogorath reminds me of George Lucas :p they look kinda similar lol

I am going through all the Daedric quests right now. More weapons and armor I will never use. Arrows + sneak makes easy work of most things.

I arrow + sneaked through the whole game. After I got the throw voice thu'um it was all over for everyone.

arrow + sneak = snore.

bound arrow (to alert enemies i'm there) + atronach (to get them all running at me) + lightning storm (to watch them all turn into ashes) = fun.

Personally, I prefer a high level orc with a daedric warhammer. Worse comes to worse I can freeze you solid to buy just enough time to choke down some healing pots, and then let the smacking begin.

I like to mix it up between dual wield Molag Bal and a soul trap Blades sword and a an Ebony Bow with a drainspell.

I use the sword/mace for lower level close attacks. And the Bow for Trolls, Giants, and higher level mages. I've also given my companion a war axe enchanted witrh a fire spell and various resist frost potions.

Orc+1handed+shield= (almost) too easy on expert

bows+daggers+poisons+sneak=awesome until they find you

Anyone else that is a "sneak thief" use the Throw Voice shout? Gosh dang, that combined with nightingale subterfuge is great!

Oh and the wabbajack is awesome but I only use it out of novelty every once in a while.

Orc+1handed+shield= (almost) too easy on expert

bows+daggers+poisons+sneak=awesome until they find you

Anyone else that is a "sneak thief" use the Throw Voice shout? Gosh dang, that combined with nightingale subterfuge is great!

I don't have that Thu'ume yet. Haven't started the thiefs guild anything yet.

I havge only stolen a couple high end items. Like a staff. And have only broken into places when the quest required it.

Havent used many of the pre-enchanted weapons at alll since the combo I already have out performs most of what I have found. Looks like I am just going to have to wait til I find some Daedric stuff or keep smithing daggers until I can smith my own daedric weapons.

I am kinda torn between Dragon armor or Daedric armor. Daedric definitely has the kick-ass factor but I have heard that normally peacful NPC's will attack simply because you are wearing it.

It is a good one and you only have to find one word of it and it gives you the option to unlock the whole shout (requires 3 souls though). For any other play style it is probably useless but I have been using it as my main shout.

Be careful though! Everyone not separated by loading zones (i.e. you walk in to a dungeon and use it for the first person you see) if they are not far enough away or you are not well enough hidden the entire room will be coming for you... not good for someone who can't take many hits heh.

I don't have that Thu'ume yet. Haven't started the thiefs guild anything yet.

I havge only stolen a couple high end items. Like a staff. And have only broken into places when the quest required it.

Havent used many of the pre-enchanted weapons at alll since the combo I already have out performs most of what I have found. Looks like I am just going to have to wait til I find some Daedric stuff or keep smithing daggers until I can smith my own daedric weapons.

I am kinda torn between Dragon armor or Daedric armor. Daedric definitely has the kick-ass factor but I have heard that normally peacful NPC's will attack simply because you are wearing it.

Since the most recent update, smithing daggers is far less effective. You're better off finding gold, silver, and gems and making jewelry to level smithing quickly. Get transmute to turn iron ore into gold ore.

Since the most recent update, smithing daggers is far less effective. You're better off finding gold, silver, and gems and making jewelry to level smithing quickly. Get transmute to turn iron ore into gold ore.

Really?

I have transmute. And I have the most recent updates.

For every Iron dagger or set of Leather Bracers smithed I am getting 1 step toward the next level. Sure, there are a LOT of step between levels but Ingots and Ore are cheap in addition to any ore I mine along the way.

Every time I go back to my house to collect a weapon or store loot I stop by the forge, buy ore, ingots, and leather and increase smithing by at least 2 levels. Have upped from s'thing like 15 to 40 in just a handful of stops.

I wonder. Do some forges offer better increases in smithing than others?

Here's something that would have been nice... they set up a whole food/cooking system, but didnt link it up with abilities at all...

Here's something that would have been nice... they set up a whole food/cooking system, but didnt link it up with abilities at all...

It is one of the achievments tho'. Hard Worker: Chop wood, mine ore, cook food.

You have to cook at least 1 something to clear the achievement.

But, otherwise, yeah. The whole concept of foods in the game is pointless. To heavy to carry for the health increase as opposed to potions.

My first character was a full mage. Mainly used conjuration and destruction, kill everyone while they fight my atronarchs. I am so glad that they finally made a TES game that you can actually play as a mage. With the other games in the series it was impossible (except on the PC) to play as a mage.

Really?

I have transmute. And I have the most recent updates.

For every Iron dagger or set of Leather Bracers smithed I am getting 1 step toward the next level. Sure, there are a LOT of step between levels but Ingots and Ore are cheap in addition to any ore I mine along the way.

Every time I go back to my house to collect a weapon or store loot I stop by the forge, buy ore, ingots, and leather and increase smithing by at least 2 levels. Have upped from s'thing like 15 to 40 in just a handful of stops.

I wonder. Do some forges offer better increases in smithing than others?

Yeah iron daggers and hide bracers are really easy to spam and may get you several levels. smithing used to progress the same no matter the item. that has been changed to progress based on the value of the item smithed. it's easier to spam gold neclaces than daedric armor so that's why I suggested jewelry.

one of my favorite pass times in skyrim is giant hunting combined with wheat farming. great way to level up your combat skills, alchemy, and selling makes you a ton of money.

one of my favorite pass times in skyrim is giant hunting combined with wheat farming. great way to level up your combat skills, alchemy, and selling makes you a ton of money.

Mabe I should try close combat with a giant now. Last time I tired I got launched into orbit. Ever since I've kept them at bows distance. My current bow takes a giant down in 3 shots.

Mabe I should try close combat with a giant now. Last time I tired I got launched into orbit. Ever since I've kept them at bows distance. My current bow takes a giant down in 3 shots.

It's worth a shot. My current character is a mage so I have the benefit of being able to level my main combat skills from a distance. giants are slow so if you have a decent amount of stamina you should be able to land a blow and run before he can clobber you. try to lure one giant away from the group as two giants gets really messy. throw in a mammoth or three and you've got a lot of work on your hands.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to have a bunch of empty greater soul gems. Grand if you're going for mammoths.

Giants are an example of why my orc was too strong. He could take on 2-3 giants at a time with not much issue (somewhere in the 25-30 level range) But I do not think I ever killed a mammoth those biggums take some damage...

Giants are an example of why my orc was too strong. He could take on 2-3 giants at a time with not much issue (somewhere in the 25-30 level range) But I do not think I ever killed a mammoth those biggums take some damage...

I killed one very early with bow and arrow and a staff of flames. Took nearly 100 arrows. :mug:

Finally got my smithing leveled up, last night, high enough that I could modify magic items.

A MUCH needed improvement to my current arsenal.

As quickly as I have boosted the level up by smithing a bunch of cheap daggers i really see no reason, other than cash flow, to switch it up. I tried smithing some jewelry (Silver) and while it does give you a larger jump it also takes more.

I figure a few more rounds of smithing daggers and I'll have that boosted to 100. Then the next perk I can take is either dragon or daedric.

Finally got my smithing leveled up, last night, high enough that I could modify magic items.

A MUCH needed improvement to my current arsenal.

As quickly as I have boosted the level up by smithing a bunch of cheap daggers i really see no reason, other than cash flow, to switch it up. I tried smithing some jewelry (Silver) and while it does give you a larger jump it also takes more.

I figure a few more rounds of smithing daggers and I'll have that boosted to 100. Then the next perk I can take is either dragon or daedric.

Dragon is awesome and easy to make

Daedric is WAY better but harder to make, as every piece requires both Ebony and Daedra hearts. I only got enough hearts by doing the mission with the black star.

Dragon is awesome and easy to make

Daedric is WAY better but harder to make, as every piece requires both Ebony and Daedra hearts. I only got enough hearts by doing the mission with the black star.

Enthir at the college always has 2 for sale. Everytime I have visited so far he has had 2 in stock. IIRC, a pair of hearts cost s'thing like $800 to $1000. You have to have cleared the Eye of Magnus before he will start offering the hearts for sale tho'.

Chump change when you are normally carrying around $15 to $20k in septims.

Black Star is the next major quest I have to go through. As of late, I have been going through and clearing out old quests. so far I have just been focusing on the miscellaneous quests. That **** adds up QUICK!

You can buy hearts at some of the alchemist shops. Just remember to put all scales/bones you get in a house chest early on. You dont want to sell them, and you dont want to carry all that weight. When you hit 100 smithing, it's nice to just pop into your house and bring the bones/scales to Warmaiden's forge.

You can buy hearts at some of the alchemist shops. Just remember to put all scales/bones you get in a house chest early on. You dont want to sell them, and you dont want to carry all that weight. When you hit 100 smithing, it's nice to just pop into your house and bring the bones/scales to Warmaiden's forge.

That is EXACTLY what I have been doing. I've been keeping all my gear that needs smithed at Breezehome. All the staffs and robes in Winterhold (prices on magic items are WAY better in Winterhold). Silver items are kept in the Abandoned house in Markarth (prices on silver are higher in Markarth).

Haven't spent much time in Solitude at all. I am just now finishing off a miscelaneous set of quest for the Bards thing. And just now trying out the shops for prices.

The bard quests just might have the best rewards of all of them... just for a fetch quest. +1 on several abilities? Yes please.

The bard quests just might have the best rewards of all of them... just for a fetch quest. +1 on several abilities? Yes please.

I am starting to see that. Just got the Jarl to okay the bonfire and I need to go see about a ghost with a sexy silohuette.

I read somewehere, I forget where now, that there are some items taht give you an automatic +5 levels in the area they affect. One covered magic, one-handed, block, and ????

+5!

I need to find that thing! IIRC, it's not available until you have reached a level 50 or better. Is why I forgot about it.

I've been reading that dlc for console will be coming pretty soon! :D

And for all you pc gamers... Skyrim multiplayer is confirmed and apparently they've been working on it since 07'!
Sadly my little laptop can't handle r6v2 on worst settings it'll explode with skyrim... :(

GilaMinumBeer said:
I am starting to see that. Just got the Jarl to okay the bonfire and I need to go see about a ghost with a sexy silohuette.

I read somewehere, I forget where now, that there are some items taht give you an automatic +5 levels in the area they affect. One covered magic, one-handed, block, and ????

+5!

I need to find that thing! IIRC, it's not available until you have reached a level 50 or better. Is why I forgot about it.

There is a female that can train you in archery for free, she trains you like 7 full levels with he target practice. I found her when I was like lvl 92 archery and each target hit in her session was a +1 archery level up.

If you guys haven't found her I'll get a name for you

image-1001820591.jpg

Update; I forgot I took a picture for my brother. So here's falkreath and the player arrow is the lady's house. Goo luck!
Fus!

CreamyGoodness said:
So they are turning Skyrim into an MMPORG??

As far as I know, for pc only :(
But yes something along the lines of "wow" where if you see someone kneeling because they're hurt you could heal or put then down like old yeller. Lol
I'm not sure about quests. Internet explorer kept finding a "problem" when I was reading the article. I think it's the FBI trying to keep skyrim online on the down low ;)

I'm a PC player so this would be great.

I think a lot of players should avoid my orc... that one killcam where he picks you up with the warhammer behind your head and snaps your neck looks rather nasty...

I'm a PC player so this would be great.

I think a lot of players should avoid my orc... that one killcam where he picks you up with the warhammer behind your head and snaps your neck looks rather nasty...

HAH! There would be a slow-mo of my arrow straight into your eye and knocking you back 20ft before your hammer got anywhere near me. But if you wanted to go toe-to-toe I would just slap one of my elemental daggers in one hand and my paralyzing dagger in the other, poison the first hand with a strong paralyze potion and your body would still be twitching as I cannibalized you. Namira FTW!!

But yes something along the lines of "wow" where if you see someone kneeling because they're hurt you could heal or put then down like old yeller.

Not regarding multiplayer, but just regular play: this has been a recurring problem for me as a destruction mage with followers. If I make the mistake of casting ice storm when my follower is on the ground begging for mercy, they are completely destroyed. oh well.

Latest posts

Back