Pectic Enzyme

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RukusDM

Reaction score
Can Pectic Enzyme be added after the ferment is done to help clear? I had a test batch that took a looooong time to clear. It never really cleared fully like all of my other batches.

I was thinking that perhaps there was some solids in suspension that the pectic enzyme may eat up.

Yes, you can add pectic enzyme at any time. It's easiest to dissolve it in a small sample of the wine first, then add it to the rest of the wine gently stirring.

Does pectic enzyme pull out a significant amount of yeast as well? Or just larger solids?

:off: Yoop - I see you've ditched the grandmotherly avatar in favor of an old favorite

Well, I thought it would make me seem scarier, but so far it hasn't worked. I still get no respect around here. ;)

Don't worry, though, you'll see photos of Quinn often enough. I mean, he IS the most beautiful baby in the world, so I feel bad keeping all those photos to myself. :D

Back