What's your beer line up for turkey day??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
I love to see what others are going to enjoy with their food and football.

I have some of Sierra Nevada's celebration ale which is a tradition in my family to have. Then for homebrew I have juniper apa, black ipa, my wife's bday ipa, and I have a bourbon oaked molasses stout for after dinner.

Happy thanksgiving to all that celebrate!

Your stout sounds great. On tap I have a dry APA and a Dark English Mild. Then I threw a bottle of a Milk Stout and a Sour/Brett Gueuze into the fridge. No commercial beer on hand at the moment, might grab something tonight. Wouldn't mind some Guinness cans truth be told.

Looking forward to downing a metric fvcktonne of the Mild though. Being 3.2% I'll be able to drink it nonstop all day while cooking.

A Merry Drunksgiving to all!

I usually have a pumpkin homebrew ready, but this year's version I tweaked and ruined. So instead I have the Left Hand Milk Stout clone. I also just bought some Celebration and Fireside Chat from 21A. I'm the only real beer drinker so I can pick what I like. My mom will probably have some stout, unless she sticks with wine the whole weekend.

My "Most Triumphant Coconut Porter" and my "Atypical IPA" will be on tap. And I have a bunch of the big 1L cans of Asahi in the fridge as well. Also kegging my hefeweizen, brewing an amber, and will be unboxing and passivating my new Ss BrewMaster Bucket this holiday weekend (off Friday as well :tank:).

Rev.

On tap I have a golden ale and a coffee Porter. Unfortunately, the ESB and red rye ale are still fermenting and won't be ready till Christmas. Since I'll have 3 out of 4 of my kids and their spouses plus two adult grandkids, I'm going to have to supplement with some store-bought beers: New Belgium Abbey, Upslope Blood Orange Saison, Hops&Grain Porter Culture. I might go buy an IPA for me.

from memory, in my fridge now:
Toppling Goliath Rover Truck stout, and some of their Dorothy New world lager.
Revolution Brewing Coup D'etat Saison Ale bomber.
Goose Island Ten Hills hoppy ale, Nut Brown Ale, IPA, summer ale, honkers Ale.
Clown Shoes Space Cake Imperial IPA bomber.
Sierra Nevada Torpedo DIPA.
Stone Ruination DIPA bomber.
My own homebrew IPA.
Shlaflys American Pale ale.
Guinness stout bottles, no widget.
Door County brewing French Farmhouse ale and Silurian Stout
Toppling Goliath Mosaic IPA bomber.
Lagunitas Hop Stoopid bomber.
Deschuttes River Ale and Pale Ale.
A grapefruit Raddler for those that may want something fizzy and light.
Schiener Bock.
Michelob- for boiling brats.

I have a can of some IPA stashed away, and a bottle of a friend's Award-winning Imperial Espresso Stout.

Not much, I know...

:(

Bringing a keg of my Bel Wit, keg of Kreik and an Amarillo IPA. Oh and a 24 pk of BL for some of the heathens that will be there.

Did include a 6 pack of my Red Rye Saisson, strategically and carefully bottled in BL bottles. Yeah I know the hole twist off issue but it works for a while.

Commercial:
Modern Times Blazing World
Hop Stoopid
Cuba Libres, of course
Plus whatever brews my BIL brings (sure to be some Lagunitas and Ballast Point offerings) along with the wine and *ahem* other party favors

Homebrew:
Some leftover Oktoberfest
A five-hop DIPA
Doppelbock style ale (sort of an imperialized Dead Guy clone)

And the turkey is brining in a case of pale ale I made back in August but forgot about.

I will be filling up 2-3 growlers of the Strawberry Blonde Ale I just kegged the other day. Tried a small sample today, tastes great for a fruity beer but not yet fully carbonated. Should be ready by later tonight or tomorrow morning when I fill the growlers.

This is a special brew for me b/c my mother always asked me about this particular brew every time I visited her during her final days (she never really had any interest in my hobby over the last year until recently). She wasn't a beer drinker but said she wanted to try it when it was ready b/c it sounded really good to her. Unfortunately she passed away on the 1st, so I told myself this is a special tribute beer in her memory for the holiday! Sorry dump this on everyone, but this is special to me and it is nice to share the story behind it. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I got some of my Irish red & English bitter in the fridge. Decided against the Whiskely dry stout...just changed my mind though. Might stick a few in the fridge for tomorrow?

My fridge has plenty of home brew in it.

3 different Saisons, 2 with brett.
2 different sours.
2 different Belgian dubbels
3 Belgian trippels one with brett
2 different BDSA's
An IPA
A Rye IPA
A Black IPA
A stout on my Nitro tap.

I think I have plenty to choose from.

Summit IPA, Centennial IOA, YFB 6.2%, and Oktoberfast... all homebrew in my kegerator. Lots to be thankful for... :mug:

A lightweight IPA with millennium, glacier, and cascade hops, Denny's Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Stout, my best yet apple cider, and WE Green Apple Riesling.

For homebrew I have a Black IPA @ 6%, a Dusseldorf Altbier @ a sessionable 4.2%, a Belgian Triple @ 8.9% and a KTG RIS coming in at 12.1%.
For commercial I have some Old Rasputin, Samuel Adams 13th Hour, Oskar Blues Ten-Fidy, Blue Mountain Barrel House's Dark Hollow, Brooklyn Brewery Chocolate Stout, loads of Starr Hill and Samuel Adams beers and several Octoberfest/pumkin porters etc.
No shortage of beer here, but Friday there might be. :rockin:

Dragon's Milk, Busch Light, Buffalo Sweat Clone and probably some Bombay Sapphire (1 cube, bloom 5 min).

Haven't tried the Bombay Sapphire yet. But Russian Kutskova is real smooth vodka though. Can't find it anymore around here.

Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest and BIL will probably have Sam Adams variety.

For homebrew, RIS for dessert, rauchbier, smoked porter and Belgian Strong Ale paired with mince pie<<<Awesome!

O'Flannigan Standard Stout and Centennial Blonde... Many, many blessings at The Howling Hog.

BTW to previous posts - Bombay Blue Saphire is Gin, not Vodka....

"Martini's are like breasts - One isn't enough and three are too many". - Unknown

I was asked to bring an HB sampler to a family gathering, so I'm packing a hefe, an amber ale, a cardamom ale and to go with the pumpkin pie... an imperial oaked stout.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Bombay Saaphire is Gin....

O'Flannigan Standard Stout and Centennial Blonde... Many, many blessings at The Howling Hog.

BTW to previous posts - Bombay Blue Saphire is Gin, not Vodka....

"Martini's are like breasts - One isn't enough and three are too many". - Unknown

Yeah, I know. I should've mentioned I used to be an extra dry martini freak. British gin & martini & rossi vermouth! oh yeah...I could tell stories, y'all! I just like the kutskova vodka, distilled 5 times in Moscow. Chilled a bit, it's like drinkin' spring water!:rockin:

unionrdr, you will have
to excuse us. We just cannot figure how the neurons in that brain of yours fire. We just could not follow the fact that someone mentions a gin and you answer with vodka. It is such a logical progression of thought.

uh..."a beautiful mind"? ha. Nah, I tried a lot of gins in my martini days, but settled on British gin. Bombay Sapphire looked good, but never tried it. Have since moved on to vodka. but it could be cold gin time again!?...
Somebody will mention something, which triggers the memory neurons, which makes me think about an associated memory. All in less than the blink of an eye. My brain is like a ramdisc at times. It seems that's why some close friends used to call me " spock"?...got "A"'s in programming in the early 80's because of that strange neural thing...

Back to regularly scheduled programing.

I just realized that one of the BDSA's that I put in the fridge is almost 5 years old. The last bottle I tried was awesome.

Awesome to see everyone is well stocked with brew!
I think the in-laws are coming over for brunch to kick things off. So it looks like We'll be adding mimosas to the party as well. Woohoo!!

Franconia dunkel and Saint Arnold sailing santas (half IPA and half Xmas ale). Wish I had my SMaSH in bottles so it could travel.

I just got told that we won't be drinking tomorrow because we have to shop.

Ha.

Hahaha.

Home brewed porters. Coffee and non.

Sierra Nevada Pale and Torpedo.

And I'll still go shopping

I just got told that we won't be drinking tomorrow because we have to shop.

Ha.

Hahaha.

Home brewed porters. Coffee and non.

Sierra Nevada Pale and Torpedo.

And I'll still go shopping

Id definitely be drinking if i had to go shopping on thanksgiving! Maybe if you indulge a bit too much before they leave you wont have to go. :thumbup:

Love Franconian dunkle!!

It's a good one. Franconia makes solid beers.

I think their lager is darn good and I wish they would bottle it soon. I've sent my father home to Oklahoma with several Franconia kegs and he visits regularly now...to get more kegs.

Edit: and one of the best tours out there for anyone interested. Very informative.

Hard cider (8% ABV) and blonde ale. One for the drinkers and one for the BMC crowd. I've been sampling all week so I hope there's enough left for the guests.
biggrin.gif

It's a crime that with six nice homebrews on tap, we'll be away for turkey day. I'm gonna miss my kegerator, but I'll bring a few of my American IPAs (light and flowery, like 2Hearted), and a few of the Dark of Winter Imperial Stout for evening sipping.

I'll be going to my in-laws tomorrow (brother and sister in law) so I will be without my whole cellar.
I think I'll pack a few things along - maybe the Oatmeal Stout and oak/bourbon variant of it I brewed this fall, maybe a cider or 2. For commercial brews, I have a couple things in mind - maybe the Spencer Trappist holiday brew, Trader Joe's Vintage from this year - already had a couple bottles of that, it's really good this year. I know my brother-in-law has a few interesting things, plus some rums, vodkas and whiskeys we may hit. Once I get home, I have a few other things I'll look at.
I certainly will not be drinking all of the above, but it's good to have options.

An APA made exclusively with my homegrown Centennial hops, a dank, resinous, bitter, with a little fruitiness on the back end IPA, a bold, toasty American stout, a rye APA made with lots of rye and homegrown chinook, and some Short's Good Humans double dry hopped American brown ale. Should be some great times. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Back