two free Killians Pint Glasses...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Killian's post on their Facebook page:

Greetings folks. We wanted to send a quick update on “Get Your St. Pat’s Pints,” since we’ve seen a lot of passion for Killian’s and this promotion.

First of all, we want to assure you that we only asked for contact information to allow us to ship glasses. We will not use or share your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.

Unfortunately, we went through our supply of glassware much more quickly than anticipated after several unaffiliated third-party websites published promotion codes outside the ordinary course of the promotion. We’re sending out the full number of glasses we produced for this promotion, but this unexpected activity caused a spike in requests that went far beyond our supplies.

We understand you’re frustrated with your experience and we want to make sure that our most loyal fans are happy. Feel free to direct message us here on Facebook.

Here is the email I sent to Coors. Maybe if we all raise a stink then they will make good on the promise!

Hello,

I have been a constant consumer of Coors/Miller beers since I was of age to drink. My mom and dad only drank Coors and Coors light when I was growing up. I am now a business banker at a national bank and know the struggles that businesses go through as they maneuver each phase of maturity. One thing is certain, brand name, and the image of that brand name are very important to any successful business. I am writing you because I recently entered into a promotion that one of your sister companies, George Killians was hosting. The promotion was for two free pint glasses. I was asked to enter all of my information including address and email to validate my entry to this promotion. I was given a message that said " your glasses are on the way!" However, a few days later I got an email that said they were not going to send any pint glasses. This did not happen to me only, it happened to many people on a beer forum that I subscribe to. It also happened to some friends of mine, who I told about the promotion. There are a lot of people who feel as if their was never any intent to send out any glasses and a lot of negative publicity for your great corporation. As I am sure you know, it costs seven times as much to gain a new customer as it does to retain an existing one. Many will not take the time and effort to write to you and give you the chance to make things right with them, however, I am. I would ask that you please send me the pint glasses that I was promised in this promotion. You will have one more advocate for your business out there on the streets if you do. Please contact me and let me know if you would like to honor your aforementioned promise. Thanks and have a great day.

Great letter!

Got the green weenie on this one as well. What a terrible way for a national brand to carry themselves.

He makes a point I echo as well. I wondered too if there ever were any glasses to begin with if everyone's getting the finger?

"Hello,
You can call the customer service line for brand promotions at 800-253-6666, they are open Monday-Friday 11am-8pm CST. They are who you would need to speak with about the promotion, if you have questions.

Thanks,
Coors and Company
1-800-443-8242"

Hey my nasty email didn't fall into a bit bucket. Same results as if it did!

I wrote them through FB. Here's their two responses:

Hey there, Eric. We definitely understand your frustrations and appreciate you reaching out. We produced a specific number of pint glasses for the “Get Your St. Pat’s Pints” program, and we went through our supply much more quickly than anticipated, due to third-party websites publishing promotion codes outside the ordinary course of the promotion. Per the Terms and Conditions, we’re sending pint glasses to everyone who submitted their codes in time to take advantage of the offer.

Unfortunately, we don't the information you requested readily available. If you want, give us a call at 1-800-253-6666 and we'll let you know what's up! You can call between 11am to 8pm Central Time. Thank you for being a fan. We hope we can make this right.

And:

Hey Eric, since we are experiencing a high number of calls right now, please give us a call at 877-454-7474, so we can be sure to talk to you today and address your concerns. Thank you!

I got the same thing. Hey, I get it; the number of glasses was limited. They ran out quicker than they had planned.

However, it would have been SIMPLE to implement a behind the scenes counter on the form. Say, we have 500 glasses to give away. Once we get 500 registrations, stop showing the form and show a "sorry, all of our glasses have been accounted for" message. No reasonable person would have batted an eye. I work in IT; this would have taken perhaps an hour to code (if the programmer wasn't terribly good at his job).

Instead, they continued to accept signups for a good three plus days (aka collecting marketing information) after they ran out of glasses. Not cool.

Killian's post on their Facebook page:

Greetings folks. We wanted to send a quick update on “Get Your St. Pat’s Pints,” since we’ve seen a lot of passion for Killian’s and this promotion.

First of all, we want to assure you that we only asked for contact information to allow us to ship glasses. We will not use or share your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.

Unfortunately, we went through our supply of glassware much more quickly than anticipated after several unaffiliated third-party websites published promotion codes outside the ordinary course of the promotion. We’re sending out the full number of glasses we produced for this promotion, but this unexpected activity caused a spike in requests that went far beyond our supplies.

We understand you’re frustrated with your experience and we want to make sure that our most loyal fans are happy. Feel free to direct message us here on Facebook.

See, it's not their fault.................

Maybe they should have offered one pint glass vs. two. That way more people would get a free glass.

I haen't gotten the "sorry" email yet...but I ain't stalking my mailbox, either.

I havn't gotten the polite FU e-mail so maybe I got em' coming. When I saw the post on here my original thought was "this won't last long"

C'mon guys - whether we realized it or not, the fine print said "While supplies last." and we agreed to it when we checked out. Time to move on...

That's what I say. It was meant for a select few and got posted and reposted and too many people tried to get the offer.

They ran out!!!! No reason to gripe about it. Move on, you'll get some good glasses sooner or later.

Hackwood, jasonsbeer - you guys are missing the point.

Am I cheesed that I didn't get my something for nothing? Nah. I understand that supplies were limited.

My issue is that they did SUCH a poor job with all of it. It would have been trivial to have the signup form no longer take requests once the allotted amont of glasses had been claimed.

Instead, they sent a "confirmation" email, then waited several days to send out the "whoops" emails. In the meantime, however, they continued to collect mailing info, emails, telephone numbers of people when they KNEW that they were way beyond the amount of glassware that they had to offer.

Poor, poor job on their part, of the kind that almost requires willful disregard for your customers.

Did anyone NOT get the e-mail? Just curious.

I did not. But by the time I tried ordering, I was getting error messages. I suspect they might have been taking the system down prior to putting up the "No glasses for you" message.

I sent them an email and they offered to send me a bottle opener and a koozie. I guess that was nice of them but I have a dozen bottle openers and throw away koozies all the time. But I guess it was nice they tried to make it right. But it was still crappy that they couldn't put a counter on to stop when they ran out.

Looks like the consolation prizes are the opener and koozie.

I lose bottle openers all the time. And will put the koozie in my camper, one less item to remember.

I accept the peace offering. :)

I'm surprised that so many people are upset about not getting a ubiquitous shaker glass.

I don't think it's the item so much as the promise. I could give two ****s about the glasses. I think it's pretty f-up how the promotion was handled however. Based on the responses here, one might say it backfired on them. A homebrewing forum is probably not a good representation though.

I agree with Reelale. I've got many glasses and could care less about these. What bothers me is that they took information that can be used for targeted marketing and then went back on their promise to "pay for the info" with the glasses. I, for one, will be perfectly happy to spend my hard-earned $$ on products other than those provided by Coors/Killian's.

What bothers me is that they took information that can be used for targeted marketing

Whether or not you got something, you (and everyone else) still willingly gave them the information. If people are so concerned about giving away their information, then they shouldn't have done it, promise of a boring glass or not.

Still no sorry letter and nothing in spam. We shall see. Not holding my breath tho.

I had the message in my spam folder saying my submission had come to late. I sent a reply back, "Oh well, the Red Ale will taste just as good in my Killians bubble mugs".
Received this message yesterday.
'We’re sorry that you’re upset. We produced a specific number of pint glasses for the “Get Your St. Pat’s Pints” program, and we went through our supply much more quickly than anticipated, due to third-party websites publishing promotion codes outside the ordinary course of the promotion. Per the Terms and Conditions, we’re sending pint glasses to everyone who submitted their codes in time to take advantage of the offer.

We understand your frustration and hate to see you upset. We’d like to send you a Killian’s bottle opener and koozie. If you’re interested, please reply with your full name, date of birth and mailing address. We’ll only use this information to confirm you’re 21 and to send the opener and koozie to you.'

Sent message back that I was not upset and I knew the quantities would be limited.
They must have received some less than polite messages for just trying to do something nice for their customers.

Back